4 years today

Old Jul 23rd 2014, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

ontario70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4 years today

Wow, cant believe we've been in Canada 4 years now. Remembering back to July 2010 when we were saying our goodbye's to family and friends and wondering whether we were doing the right thing and had the previous painful 3 year process of gaining our PR status been worth it........i can now say without hesitation, yes it has.

i'll give you a brief insight into our journey so far...........i had already secured a job in Vancouver, BC while we were still in England so we landed in Canada on July 23, 2010 and waited in the line up at the airport immigration office, once inside there it was pretty plain sailing, our visa's were stamped and we had already rented a vehicle and we set off to find Langley and our hotel there.................after getting lost many times we found the hotel, which was our home for 2 weeks before renting a 2 bedroom basement suite, it was small but it was home for myself, my wife and 2 kids.

Langley is a beautiful place to live and only 40mins from Vancouver, we spent 2 great years there before relocating to Wasaga Beach in Ontario, we drove the 4,000km lol, a real achievement, drove through 8 states in the USA on the journey, Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan before finally entering back into Canada again. We've been in Ontario 2 years and we now own a house, something we could never achieve in England, the kids love it here, summers are very hot and we're only a 10min walk from the beach, and an hours drive from Toronto, life is good for us
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 10:09 pm

LorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 4 years today

Many congratulations and thank you for sharing your story.

Best wishes for many more happy years!
Old Jul 24th 2014, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Sunryder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ontario70
Wow, cant believe we've been in Canada 4 years now. Remembering back to July 2010 when we were saying our goodbye's to family and friends and wondering whether we were doing the right thing and had the previous painful 3 year process of gaining our PR status been worth it........i can now say without hesitation, yes it has.

i'll give you a brief insight into our journey so far...........i had already secured a job in Vancouver, BC while we were still in England so we landed in Canada on July 23, 2010 and waited in the line up at the airport immigration office, once inside there it was pretty plain sailing, our visa's were stamped and we had already rented a vehicle and we set off to find Langley and our hotel there.................after getting lost many times we found the hotel, which was our home for 2 weeks before renting a 2 bedroom basement suite, it was small but it was home for myself, my wife and 2 kids.

Langley is a beautiful place to live and only 40mins from Vancouver, we spent 2 great years there before relocating to Wasaga Beach in Ontario, we drove the 4,000km lol, a real achievement, drove through 8 states in the USA on the journey, Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan before finally entering back into Canada again. We've been in Ontario 2 years and we now own a house, something we could never achieve in England, the kids love it here, summers are very hot and we're only a 10min walk from the beach, and an hours drive from Toronto, life is good for us
Congrats... its great to read such a positive post. Hopefully I will be writing one like this in 4 years time.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Sunryder, how far along the process are you then? Where do you intent to settle in Canada?
Old Jul 24th 2014, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good - glad you are happy.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

I'm sure someone will be able to give me some advice on this.......our PR status expires september 2015, when is the right time to renew this? Do it now or wait till nearer the time?

I've got the manual to study for the citizenship test, wow its like a phone book , any tips on what type of questions are in the test?
Old Jul 24th 2014, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure someone will be able to give me some advice on this.......our PR status expires september 2015, when is the right time to renew this? Do it now or wait till nearer the time?

I've got the manual to study for the citizenship test, wow its like a phone book , any tips on what type of questions are in the test?
The answers to the questions are easily learned from the manual. The biggest hurdle in the test is your ability to carry a tune when you sing O Canada for the Citizenship Judge.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 11:26 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Your PR card might expire but your are still a PR. The card is evidence of your status, not the status itself. As long as you meet the residency requirement your PR does not expire.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for clearing this up, we were a bit unsure about this
Old Jul 25th 2014, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Sunryder, how far along the process are you then? Where do you intent to settle in Canada?
We got COPR last week and we were asked for photos and filled in a small form which we sent back pronto! Not sure what happens now. Does this mean that we have got PR? I read on the form that was sent stating that we should still not sell up and leave jobs etc. So not quite sure how far we are in the process?? We are going to Calgary as my husband has a job there. We still have to sell our house and pack up. My hubby is a stickler for doing things the right way and will not start packing or put the house up for sale yet. I am just itching to get going TBH and so are my kids.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Have you been requested to go for your medicals yet?
Old Jul 26th 2014, 3:16 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and good to hear it's gone so well for you and your family
Old Jul 27th 2014, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Have you been requested to go for your medicals yet?
Yep, we have been for medicals, these were received in London 3 weeks ago.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 4:07 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ontario70;11345588

Langley is a beautiful place to live and only 40mins from Vancouver, we spent 2 great years there before relocating to Wasaga Beach in Ontario[/QUOTE]

Well done to you! Sounds like you have found a lovely place.

Just in case anyone reads this who is thinking of moving to Langley, recent years haven't been kind to it. Filled it in with lots of new condo development where there used to be trees, playing fields and large plots. Ugly new concrete flyover is an additional blot on what used to be farm landscape. Now a nasty, sprawling hotch-potch of industrial, retail and housing, (with a ridiculous road layout that causes traffic chaos and gridlock when a train goes through), all mashed together with no thought.

I think you chose a good time to move on. ;,)
Old Aug 12th 2014, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

We were just leaving when they were finishing off that flyover that crosses 200th street and they had just started building on that field behind best buy. it's a shame as we really loved Langley and having the view of the mountains was very special

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.