4 years today!

Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default 4 years today!

Still loving Vancouver and enjoying fun times with great friends and my boyfriend, who I met a year ago tomorrow :-) Skied Cypress yesterday and going for Dine Out dinner in Gastown tonight, the perfect way to celebrate my 4th Canniversary!

Vancouver is home and I'm very happy here, but it hasn't all been plain sailing. Money is tight as I live alone and rent isn't cheap, but I love my place and it's super convenient. The biggest test came last August when my Dad passed away. Having to take that flight back is the thing every expat dreads, even though you know you'll likely have to face it at some point. It does make me sad that the last time I saw him was 15 months before he died, but I know that he understood why I loved it here and wanted me to live my life. It's hard seeing my Mum struggle to adapt on her own, but she wants me to be happy too.

Having applied in April 2012, hopefully 2013 will be the year that I become a Canadian citizen
Old Jan 21st 2013, 12:55 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 years today!

Well done Adele. You sound as everything is coming together nicely for you. It's great that your mum is so supportive, and it must make her proud as anything that you have the spirit of independence to forge a new and successful life for yourself. Onwards and upwards!
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Well done Adele. You sound as everything is coming together nicely for you. It's great that your mum is so supportive, and it must make her proud as anything that you have the spirit of independence to forge a new and successful life for yourself. Onwards and upwards!
Thanks, Millie! :-)
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by adele
Still loving Vancouver and enjoying fun times with great friends and my boyfriend, who I met a year ago tomorrow :-) Skied Cypress yesterday and going for Dine Out dinner in Gastown tonight, the perfect way to celebrate my 4th Canniversary!

Vancouver is home and I'm very happy here, but it hasn't all been plain sailing. Money is tight as I live alone and rent isn't cheap, but I love my place and it's super convenient. The biggest test came last August when my Dad passed away. Having to take that flight back is the thing every expat dreads, even though you know you'll likely have to face it at some point. It does make me sad that the last time I saw him was 15 months before he died, but I know that he understood why I loved it here and wanted me to live my life. It's hard seeing my Mum struggle to adapt on her own, but she wants me to be happy too.

Having applied in April 2012, hopefully 2013 will be the year that I become a Canadian citizen

aww sounds like youre doing well which has giving me a little more hope...im coming out to BC on my own before summer and every now n then i have a little doubt that as a singleton its the right thing to do. im not expecting it to be easy but i know i wont know till i try
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Congratulations on your 4th year and well done especially doing it on your own. Our 4th was last August and we also applied for citizenship last March, so still watching this space.
We are on the island but have visited the big city a couple of times.
Might see you at the citizenship ceremony, when it finally comes.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 5:30 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

well done sweety, proud of ya. not easy eh? blimey, we're four years soon too! and we put in for citizenship in july, so maybe we'll be taking the 'test' together...xx
Old Jan 28th 2013, 6:04 am
Just Joined

TheScotty is a jewel in the roughTheScotty is a jewel in the roughTheScotty is a jewel in the roughTheScotty is a jewel in the rough

What a great post. Congratulations!

Vancouver is a wonderful place.

You're right, parents do want you to be happy.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, everyone!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Sorry to read about your Dad- glad that your Mum is routing for you though.