Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

4 1/2 years and I want to go home more than ever!

4 1/2 years and I want to go home more than ever!

Old Apr 15th 2015, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 1/2 years and I want to go home more than ever!

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Shorter version..........

same place just different more extreme seasons

All the hard work I put into that...

And I was pissed too, so it took twice as long!
Old Apr 16th 2015, 12:11 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Lee

All the hard work I put into that...

And I was pissed too, so it took twice as long!
Oh, pissed posting. Another thing to regret in the morning.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Oh, pissed posting. Another thing to regret in the morning.
Old Jul 18th 2015, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

oliverjude will become famous soon enougholiverjude will become famous soon enough

I'm not knocking Canada but it's just not the life for us. We've had a great time here and will come back for holidays as we have lots of family here. I'll miss our weekends with my father-in-law in the most. Plus the beauty of the land.

It's a shame we can't get citizenship, not for us but our boys as you never no the future.

So we are going with our first dream of spending our retirement in warm cultured europe. First stop the UK and our old house.
Old Aug 28th 2015, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

paeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond repute

oh that really made me laugh and sums up a lot of decisions made!!
Old Aug 28th 2015, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

paeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond reputepaeroa66 has a reputation beyond repute

its a hard thing to move countries, we moved to NZ when i was a teenager and I didn't settle and came back and i am here and they are there.. i am married with kids and it has been hard not having my family here... i have been back here for so long now (only came back for 2 years!) but its an individual thing and you know where you feel happiest...
Old Aug 28th 2015, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paeroa66
its a hard thing to move countries, we moved to NZ when i was a teenager and I didn't settle and came back and i am here and they are there.. i am married with kids and it has been hard not having my family here... i have been back here for so long now (only came back for 2 years!) but its an individual thing and you know where you feel happiest...
Yeah... I was born here and I don't feel settled. Just a personal thing I guess but I don't click with the culture, or the shoddy weather... I have European ancestry and a European passport so i'll be able to head off somewhere else when i'm older.(I'm a teenager now... Doing uni here in Ontario then looking to move abroad.) So I can totally understand that sentiment... Glad it worked out though and you are back in the UK...