Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

30 years about today.

30 years about today.

Old May 22nd 2012, 10:03 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 30 years about today.

Originally Posted by MillieF
Are you taking the dog with you to France Novo? When are you planning to arrive more fully? Will you 'miss' Canada, as a place or just your friends and famiily left behind? You will have to pay considerably more for Marmite in France than I belive you pay in Canada!
If the dog is healthy enough (ie not dead) then yes. As to when the permanent move, either 2014 or 2015 at the latest.

Will I miss Canada? Shouldn't think so. Most probably the 2 sprogs will still be here, so obviously that's a factor. On the other hand they could be in Cambodia and Iceland so what can you do?

The Marmite issue is moot.
Old May 23rd 2012, 5:50 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on your longevity and bonne chance on your move to la belle France
Old May 23rd 2012, 7:46 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Congrats on your longevity and bonne chance on your move to la belle France
Merci. BTW if you're watching Global news's cover of Chuck & Camilla, the big red-headed cameraman is my sprog.
Old May 24th 2012, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Sorry to hear about the dog. I'm afraid that I'll be in the same position sooner rather than later. My 13 yr old border collie is slowing down dramatically with semi-crippling arthritis. Ah well, it was good while it lasted (like Canada).
sorry Novo- its tough for sure!
Old May 24th 2012, 2:08 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by shelley748
sorry Novo- its tough for sure!
Thanks for that. But I was 49 when he came into the family. Better him than me .
Old May 27th 2012, 11:32 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Merci. BTW if you're watching Global news's cover of Chuck & Camilla, the big red-headed cameraman is my sprog.
I didn't watch the coverage. Focus Sask came into the office to interview our Mayor the other day but I don't think your son was there. Now I know who to look out for I may just embarrass him one day.
Old May 27th 2012, 11:56 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
I didn't watch the coverage. Focus Sask came into the office to interview our Mayor the other day but I don't think your son was there. Now I know who to look out for I may just embarrass him one day.
Oh, please do. Did you happen to see the footage on Global of the moose in Regina? That was him too. I made a weak joke to him that after Camilla and a moose in the same week he needs to get out of the rut.
Old May 28th 2012, 12:05 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Oh, please do. Did you happen to see the footage on Global of the moose in Regina? That was him too. I made a weak joke to him that after Camilla and a moose in the same week he needs to get out of the rut.
Old May 28th 2012, 12:13 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Camilla and a moose in the same week. Maybe rather than "get out of the rut" he needs to get out and rut !
Old May 28th 2012, 12:14 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Camilla and a moose in the same week. Maybe rather than "get out of the rut" he needs to get out and rut !
This was rather part of what is sometimes referred to as double entendre.
Old May 30th 2012, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

And you're still breathing?

Sorry I am late to this discussion as I have missed the chance to look out for sprog.

Why do you suggest to leave Canada before you retire?
Old May 30th 2012, 4:20 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by gad33
And you're still breathing?

Sorry I am late to this discussion as I have missed the chance to look out for sprog.

Why do you suggest to leave Canada before you retire?
Basically because of climate. Despite the fact that I'm still breathing, I intensely hate winters these days, (about as much as I hate living in a country which elected Harper: yes, that will change eventually but I'm not inclined to wait and see).
Old May 30th 2012, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

Basically because of climate. Despite the fact that I'm still breathing, I intensely hate winters these days.
I agree with you. That is one of the reasons we are moving.
Old May 30th 2012, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gad33
I agree with you. That is one of the reasons we are moving.
hear hear thats why we are planning to retire to the UK
Old May 31st 2012, 12:27 am
Born again atheist

We seem to have a developing consensus that Canada is not a place to become old in. Canadians figured this out two generations ago and spend the winters in Florida. That, for me, is simply compounding the other problems with North America. Not acceptable at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.