3 years just gone

Old Dec 28th 2013, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

fitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud of
Default 3 years just gone

Hi All

Just came back to post that we passed our 3 year mark and now into our 4th Winter - don't seem so cold anymore. It's been hard at times but we are starting to feel that we are getting over the hump. Finances are improving, kids are settled and in school. Wife now has a part time job.

There have been times when I thought being out here would break us apart but we seem to have worked stuff out. Took a while but we are now adopted into the community and get invited to stuff like xmas parties and so forth. Triple booked for new year - This year will be bonfire, beer, & fireworks with a bunch of long term expats & their Canadian kids

Personally I have found plenty of intelligent, humorous Canadians to spend my time and drink beer with.

Highlights:

Getting a good job
Walking out on a frozen lake in mid winter & a bright blue sky
Building a canoe and taking it back country camping
Kids learning to swim in the lakes
Lots of BBQs

Lowlights:

Trying too hard at new job and subsequent stress
We miss the UK esp at Xmas & not sure that will go away
Losing contact with family & friends
Black fly season
Struggling with finances
I'm getting fat(ter)
Old Dec 29th 2013, 12:55 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 years just gone

Congratulations, Fitchmeister, it sounds like you are all settling down and doing well....it's funny isn't it how one adjusts to the weather? I used to read minus 5 and have a fit and get the yeti stuff out, now I see 'only minus 5' and pop to the neighbours in a tee shirt!

I wish you every happiness for 2014, and hope that you and your family continue to prosper
Old Dec 29th 2013, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Zhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to beholdZhanna is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations and thank you for sharing! Wishing you many more happy Canniversaries!
Old Dec 29th 2013, 6:34 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and it sounds like its all fitting into place now, Hope you and your family have a good 2014
Old Dec 30th 2013, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Originally Posted by fitchmeister
Hi All

Just came back to post that we passed our 3 year mark and now into our 4th Winter - don't seem so cold anymore. It's been hard at times but we are starting to feel that we are getting over the hump. Finances are improving, kids are settled and in school. Wife now has a part time job.

There have been times when I thought being out here would break us apart but we seem to have worked stuff out. Took a while but we are now adopted into the community and get invited to stuff like xmas parties and so forth. Triple booked for new year - This year will be bonfire, beer, & fireworks with a bunch of long term expats & their Canadian kids

Personally I have found plenty of intelligent, humorous Canadians to spend my time and drink beer with.

Highlights:

Getting a good job
Walking out on a frozen lake in mid winter & a bright blue sky
Building a canoe and taking it back country camping
Kids learning to swim in the lakes
Lots of BBQs

Lowlights:

Trying too hard at new job and subsequent stress
We miss the UK esp at Xmas & not sure that will go away
Losing contact with family & friends
Black fly season
Struggling with finances