3 months already??

Old Nov 26th 2011, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default 3 months already??

Well we arrived 3 months ago today!! It feels so much longer really. We have accomplished so much and met so many people in that time! But it's not surprising we still have a long way to go before the journey is over!

Emotionally there have been some real ups and downs, currently I'm on a high and hopefully I shall stay there!

Yarmouth is not a bad little town. I'm starting to feel at home and make friends. You just have to be careful what you say as they're all related or went to school together or some other longtime relationship!!!

Anyway here's to another 6 months by which time I should be starting to feel settled!!!
Old Nov 26th 2011, 5:50 am
T4T
Forum Regular

T4T will become famous soon enoughT4T will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 3 months already??

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Well we arrived 3 months ago today!! It feels so much longer really. We have accomplished so much and met so many people in that time! But it's not surprising we still have a long way to go before the journey is over!

Emotionally there have been some real ups and downs, currently I'm on a high and hopefully I shall stay there!

Yarmouth is not a bad little town. I'm starting to feel at home and make friends. You just have to be careful what you say as they're all related or went to school together or some other longtime relationship!!!

Anyway here's to another 6 months by which time I should be starting to feel settled!!!
Congrats on your 3 months anniversary. We're in Ontario and our 3rd month Canniversary was on Tuesday. I know exactly what you mean about accomplishing so much in that time. Unlike you, we haven't met that many friends but luckily the kids have and are settling down well in school.

I'm currently job searching as I'm bored of staying at home and could do witrh some $ as the relocation wasn't cheap.

All the best in Yarmouth.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by T4T
Congrats on your 3 months anniversary. We're in Ontario and our 3rd month Canniversary was on Tuesday. I know exactly what you mean about accomplishing so much in that time. Unlike you, we haven't met that many friends but luckily the kids have and are settling down well in school.

I'm currently job searching as I'm bored of staying at home and could do witrh some $ as the relocation wasn't cheap.

All the best in Yarmouth.
I don't think I can describe the people I have met as friends. I mean more generally people we have met at work, the realtor, teachers, other parents. We still need to make real friends!! So I took it upon myself a couple of weeks ago to organise a "girls night out" and invite all the women I have met to date. We're off to the cinema and for a drink afterwards so it should be a laugh. It's such a strange mix of people I can't wait to see them all interacting!!
We went to watch the lighting of the Xmas tree last night and it was so nice to be able to say hello to a few people along the way, made me feel much more at home!
I too got a job as I was so bored at home. It was the best thing I could have done and I am now an administrative assistant and meeting so many interesting people!
I'm still unsure whether Yarmouth is the right place for us but only time will tell. I'm confident though that Canada ticks the important boxes!!

So good luck with the job hunting, you'll feel so much better for it.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 5:24 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I can describe the people I have met as friends. I mean more generally people we have met at work, the realtor, teachers, other parents. We still need to make real friends!! So I took it upon myself a couple of weeks ago to organise a "girls night out" and invite all the women I have met to date. We're off to the cinema and for a drink afterwards so it should be a laugh. It's such a strange mix of people I can't wait to see them all interacting!!
We went to watch the lighting of the Xmas tree last night and it was so nice to be able to say hello to a few people along the way, made me feel much more at home!
I too got a job as I was so bored at home. It was the best thing I could have done and I am now an administrative assistant and meeting so many interesting people!
I'm still unsure whether Yarmouth is the right place for us but only time will tell. I'm confident though that Canada ticks the important boxes!!

Be interesting to see how many actually turn up for the girls night!
Old Nov 27th 2011, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Be interesting to see how many actually turn up for the girls night!
I'll let you know! Either way I know I won't be alone but as to how many will turn up who knows!!!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 2:13 am
T4T
Forum Regular

T4T will become famous soon enoughT4T will become famous soon enough

Well done for organising the girls night out. Hope it all goes well.
I'm hoping to get a job asap as I can do with the adult company!!!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

anglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to allanglaisfrancais is a name known to all

Congrats! We've just survived our first 3mths in Ontario too, certainly lots of ups and downs! I'm also at home, beginning to feel a bit twitchy so either volunteering/paid employment calling! Met a couple of nice people who I would call friends, unfortunately they both work full time. Otherwise we've also met random group of acquaintances, don't know if I'm brave enough to try getting them together, but good on you! We were thinking of doing a similar thing for neighbours on our street, as they don't seem to speak to each other much. Could go either way...!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:58 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

My first three months were the hardest too, its easier now 8 months in. Glad you are doing ok down there, heres to the the rest of life here!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by anglaisfrancais
Congrats! We've just survived our first 3mths in Ontario too, certainly lots of ups and downs! I'm also at home, beginning to feel a bit twitchy so either volunteering/paid employment calling! Met a couple of nice people who I would call friends, unfortunately they both work full time. Otherwise we've also met random group of acquaintances, don't know if I'm brave enough to try getting them together, but good on you! We were thinking of doing a similar thing for neighbours on our street, as they don't seem to speak to each other much. Could go either way...!
That could be fun too! Our neighbours are a mix of French speaking Acadians (obviously, lol!), OAPs and the local drug house!!! Could be a laugh!!! You don't need to have teeth for weed and at least we wouldn't understand if the Acadians complained!!! My kind of party!!!!!

But seriously try getting them together, I think I'm going to have great fun!!!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Howefamily
My first three months were the hardest too, its easier now 8 months in. Glad you are doing ok down there, heres to the the rest of life here!
I think the 3 month mark is when it dawns on you that it's no longer a holiday and you see your surroundings for what they really are!!! Hey ho, here is good for the moment and I'll just have to see what the future brings but I'm 99% sure it won't be a return to the UK, just maybe a move to a town with a little bit more bzzz than here!!! That's if I can convince my dear OH who seems to be completely happy here!!!
Old Nov 29th 2011, 10:02 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I think the 3 month mark is when it dawns on you that it's no longer a holiday and you see your surroundings for what they really are!!! Hey ho, here is good for the moment and I'll just have to see what the future brings but I'm 99% sure it won't be a return to the UK, just maybe a move to a town with a little bit more bzzz than here!!! That's if I can convince my dear OH who seems to be completely happy here!!!
3 months is ok - 10 months is a bar steward !
Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
3 months is ok - 10 months is a bar steward !
Big bar steward I'm anticipating. It's that or I'll have resorted to local practices by then and will smoke my day away oblivious! lol!!