3 Months in ..

Old Apr 25th 2011, 4:56 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 Months in ..

Originally Posted by Tangram
Ok, just asking, no judgement made. I did something similar moving to New Brunswick. Original job offer and First Nation relatives were here.
I didn't think you were being judgemental.. We just thought it would be easier having family around but as they say, you can pick your friends and not your family ...
Old Apr 25th 2011, 10:03 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
I didn't think you were being judgemental.. We just thought it would be easier having family around but as they say, you can pick your friends and not your family ...
I have just looked at Welland on the map. Know where to find you now
Old Apr 26th 2011, 7:06 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
I have just looked at Welland on the map. Know where to find you now
Go on Google Earth...i'll pop outside and wave...
Old Apr 26th 2011, 8:10 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Go on Google Earth...i'll pop outside and wave...
Will do but put some bloody clothes on this time
Old Apr 28th 2011, 4:11 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Flogger
Will do but put some bloody clothes on this time
... oh alright then...spoil sport.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

... oh alright then...spoil sport.
Ahh this takes me back.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 12:57 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Ahh this takes me back.
To the good old days when we all went commando? .....xx
Old May 17th 2011, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to all

Hi Babes

long time, no see
Old May 20th 2011, 12:43 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Paul in Victoria
Hi Babes

long time, no see
OMG! I have missed you this-----------------------------------------> much... Where the hell have you been, i've looked everywhere, behind the sofa and everything.....:

I'm doing loads better, i'm actually beginning to enjoy it here! ...sort of
Old May 25th 2011, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

On-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really nice

and I want to go home...

Just kidding...I'll give it another 3 months
Hi there, we are here 3 months also. We moved here from Ireland in mid Feb.

Overall we are getting on well. The fact that the weather has begun to improve helps considerably. We were in a different mind frame a month ago when the weather was still cold and wet and grey and it was 25C and sunny back home. Tesco had half price wine and 20 bottles of Stella for €15, M&S had their dine in for 2 for €12.50 including a bottle of wine etc etc. The cost of groceries takes a bit of getting used to. You do need to learn your way around to find value for money and to learn what you like here and what you don't.

We are feeling much more at home now that spring has finally arrived. Our kids love their school which is a BIG help and I am starting a new job soon. We are also now fairly familiar with our surroundings. Knowing where everything is helps a lot. We are living in Burlington ON and people are friendly and welcoming. We have met loads of people, other parents, neighbours etc.

My wife's mother is sick back home so that has been difficult for her. She had to return to Ireland already and so it has been harder for her to adjust. Her mind is still back home so it is harder for her to move on.

There is absolutely nothing easy about leaving your home country, friends and family and moving 3,500 miles away to begin again. I totally understand all those people who feel that they made a mistake and wish they hadn't moved. In those moments when you feel lost and out of place etc, you just have to remember that there was usually a reason why you took this decision. It may have been economic or that you wanted you kids to grow up somewhere with better prospects and with a softer nature or perhaps you just wanted adventure. For us it was the last 2 and so far I am happy that we made this move.
Chances are, the reason you left still exists and is valid, you may just take longer to adjust than you were hoping for.

I do see a better future for our girls. The kids here are polite, respectful and confident. They also seem to be more age appropriate which I really like. Starting a new career can be a challenge but so what, you need to challenge yourself. Nothing worth while ever came easy.

For those of you who are here a few months and feel you made a mistake, keep your chins up and give a little longer. The summer is nearly here and every day you are more and more at home.

Looking forward to my next 3 months.

Last edited by On-tar-ee-oh; May 25th 2011 at 9:23 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 2:25 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by On-tar-ee-oh
Hi there, we are here 3 months also. We moved here from Ireland in mid Feb.

Overall we are getting on well. The fact that the weather has begun to improve helps considerably. We were in a different mind frame a month ago when the weather was still cold and wet and grey and it was 25C and sunny back home. Tesco had half price wine and 20 bottles of Stella for €15, M&S had their dine in for 2 for €12.50 including a bottle of wine etc etc. The cost of groceries takes a bit of getting used to. You do need to learn your way around to find value for money and to learn what you like here and what you don't.

We are feeling much more at home now that spring has finally arrived. Our kids love their school which is a BIG help and I am starting a new job soon. We are also now fairly familiar with our surroundings. Knowing where everything is helps a lot. We are living in Burlington ON and people are friendly and welcoming. We have met loads of people, other parents, neighbours etc.

My wife's mother is sick back home so that has been difficult for her. She had to return to Ireland already and so it has been harder for her to adjust. Her mind is still back home so it is harder for her to move on.

There is absolutely nothing easy about leaving your home country, friends and family and moving 3,500 miles away to begin again. I totally understand all those people who feel that they made a mistake and wish they hadn't moved. In those moments when you feel lost and out of place etc, you just have to remember that there was usually a reason why you took this decision. It may have been economic or that you wanted you kids to grow up somewhere with better prospects and with a softer nature or perhaps you just wanted adventure. For us it was the last 2 and so far I am happy that we made this move.
Chances are, the reason you left still exists and is valid, you may just take longer to adjust than you were hoping for.

I do see a better future for our girls. The kids here are polite, respectful and confident. They also seem to be more age appropriate which I really like. Starting a new career can be a challenge but so what, you need to challenge yourself. Nothing worth while ever came easy.

For those of you who are here a few months and feel you made a mistake, keep your chins up and give a little longer. The summer is nearly here and every day you are more and more at home.

Looking forward to my next 3 months.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this message...you have really helped me put things into perspective. I haven't been on much so I missed when you posted, sorry for that. We've decided to jump in feet first and buy our first home in Canada....big step for me but I think I need some roots, I can't keep looking back at what i've left behind, it's not healthy for me to dwell on home all the time. The kids have settled better now, even my 17yr old likes it most days... So again, thank you, you have no idea how much your message relates to me..xx
Old Jun 13th 2011, 12:02 am
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this message...you have really helped me put things into perspective. I haven't been on much so I missed when you posted, sorry for that. We've decided to jump in feet first and buy our first home in Canada....big step for me but I think I need some roots, I can't keep looking back at what i've left behind, it's not healthy for me to dwell on home all the time. The kids have settled better now, even my 17yr old likes it most days... So again, thank you, you have no idea how much your message relates to me..xx
Glad to hear it FK....
Old Jun 13th 2011, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

On-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really niceOn-tar-ee-oh is just really nice

My pleasure. anytime you want to get in touch just PM me and i'll give you my email and Cell.
Best wishes
H
Old Jun 13th 2011, 2:08 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Clematis
Glad to hear it FK....

Thanks sweetheart...

Originally Posted by On-tar-ee-oh
My pleasure. anytime you want to get in touch just PM me and i'll give you my email and Cell.
Best wishes
H

Thanks again Hugh, xx