Reload this Page >

2 months in Hamilton

2 months in Hamilton

Old Aug 17th 2011, 7:33 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

J2J is on a distinguished road
Default 2 months in Hamilton

So I am now celebrating 2 months in Hamilton Ontario! I am loving every minute of it!! The main reason is that I have joined my wonderful Canadian wife The second reason is that the summer weather has been glorious! I have experienced Northern Ontario camping including a canoe trip and experiencing the true nature of this wonderful country. Although I have experienced visits during winter months I have yet to encounter the worst that a Canadian winter could potentially expose me to Watch this space!!!
Old Aug 17th 2011, 7:55 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 months in Hamilton

Glad its going well. One wonders what your other presumably non canadian wives make of it

Winter... You either embrace it or loath it I guess, only time will tell. Lets enjoy summer while its here Good Luck!
Old Aug 17th 2011, 8:56 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iaink
Glad its going well. One wonders what your other presumably non canadian wives make of it

Winter... You either embrace it or loath it I guess, only time will tell. Lets enjoy summer while its here Good Luck!
Sorry iank I did not understand what you meant by my other" presumably non Canadian wives" ??? I am here to be with my Canadian wife! and am loving it! But thanks for your response and I will look forward to Canadian winter with an open mind!
Old Aug 17th 2011, 9:06 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

You are here to be with your wife. If you have only one there is no need to make a distinction

Oh well, if it needs to be explained I guess it wasnt funny...sorry

Last edited by iaink; Aug 17th 2011 at 9:59 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 9:53 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by J2J
So I am now celebrating 2 months in Hamilton Ontario! I am loving every minute of it!! The main reason is that I have joined my wonderful Canadian wife The second reason is that the summer weather has been glorious! I have experienced Northern Ontario camping including a canoe trip and experiencing the true nature of this wonderful country. Although I have experienced visits during winter months I have yet to encounter the worst that a Canadian winter could potentially expose me to Watch this space!!!
Although i do not believe i have any reason to explain my reasons for my inclusion on this site, i will now attempt to do so, we have had many pleasurable years of communication with others using this site and wish to communicate solely with other members of the universe who do not judge others as you appear to do without knowing them! You seem to make judgements based on your perceptions of how you believe their morals dictate, exactly how you base this judgement is completely beyond me and leads me to question your ability to make a positive judgement on the entries that other members of this expansive community might make!

Added from the "Canadian Wife" I appreciated all the help we received from this site and Sooooo looked forward to posting our 1st ! Canniversary. This response has been very disheartening......... Our journey to be together has been a long one, with some bumps of "LIFE" along the way (please read previous posts) but we are now together and plan to enjoy every minute of our senior years together. A special thanks for all the uplifting responses to our journey along the way. At this time we are not sure of any further involvement with this site........ pending on other constructive entries to this site as a moderator, who is supposed to be supportive and nonjudgemental.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 9:57 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

It was a JOKE and I said sorry if it was misunderstood as such.

Im sorry I bothered to reply at all now to be honest, I only do it to be friendly as I have to approve posts in this subforum anyway, but I guess now I just wont bother to take the time in future.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:35 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Face Paw.
Attached Thumbnails 2 months in Hamilton-bear-facepaw.jpg  
Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:37 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

Im sorry I bothered to reply at all now to be honest, I only do it to be friendly as I have to approve posts in this subforum anyway, but I guess now I just wont bother to take the time in future.
We accept your apologies.....We do however feel that if you do decide to continue your administrivative position that you consider the feelings and the spirit in which entries are made to this site. We have not taken the time to read all your past posts and the humor you may have entered into with others. My "Canadian wife" and I are enjoying the best years of our lives together and would hope that all who read the posts appreciate this. It is anticipated that posts on this site will encourage others to do the same and not deter them from doing so.

So as our intention is not to deter you from being a moderator and auditor of entries from this site, we would encourage you to be more sensitive with your reponses to future entries.

added from the "Canadian Wife " I feel this is an excellent example of how humor may be interrupted differently amongst the folks on a site such as this. as we all come from different backgrounds and hove all endured our own "pain"
Old Aug 17th 2011, 11:01 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Face Paw.
Yes We surrender and our apologies we are seniors and not up with all the forum "stuff" we just came to this forum for information and now added a Canniversary and it just all got out of hand
Our apologies to the moderator and thanks for the expansion Ireland
Old Aug 18th 2011, 11:18 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If you are interested, we have a Hamilton/Burlington meet up every few weeks - mostly at the Poacher in Burlington. If you check the "meet ups" in the forum you will see when the next one is coming up (this Sunday).

There are quite a few of us that reside in Hamilton/Burlington and you would be most welcome to join us for a pint!

Welcome to Canada - eh...

Old Aug 18th 2011, 7:10 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by siouxie
If you are interested, we have a Hamilton/Burlington meet up every few weeks - mostly at the Poacher in Burlington. If you check the "meet ups" in the forum you will see when the next one is coming up (this Sunday).

There are quite a few of us that reside in Hamilton/Burlington and you would be most welcome to join us for a pint!

Welcome to Canada - eh...

Thanks Siouxie We have posted a "maybe" on the meet up site. Just waiting to hear what time its at!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

megster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by J2J
Yes We surrender and our apologies we are seniors and not up with all the forum "stuff" we just came to this forum for information and now added a Canniversary and it just all got out of hand
Our apologies to the moderator and thanks for the expansion Ireland
Welcome to Canada and all the best for your new life together.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:48 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by megster
Welcome to Canada and all the best for your new life together.
Thanks megster Hope you are enjoying Mississauga!
Old Aug 20th 2011, 9:10 am
Just Joined

megster will become famous soon enough

Thank you ~ 20 plus years for me living in Mississauga.
I have lived in Canada a long time. I live fairly close to Hamilton and to this day I have never been there.

Perhaps one day.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 3:07 pm

anishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really nice

It's a pity your comments were taken so literally when it was pretty obvious you were joking. Unfortunately not everybody has a sense of humour but most of us, I think, "got" it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.