2 month update

Old Nov 1st 2008, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2 month update

HI

My family and I landed on the 25th August in Toronto, and we moved to Brampton. I had worked in food processing as a Snr manager and looked for this kind of work in the area. NOTHING
So on the second week once we had moved in to our rented house and the kids where in school, i was thinking this is a really good show ( red green) i knew then i had to find work!
I was taken on as agency in an engineering firm,, never done anything like that before, hard work manual and i was a paper jockey........

2 months on , i have been taken on full time , and got a $120 a week pay rise , as they pay a lot more than the agency , have lost 19lbs ( i was/ am a fat git) and now means the money we came across with is not beening eaten away by paying the rent hydro, cable etc .

The point, i have read about people not being able to get jobs, there are jobs out there and if you are willing to work then you can get work...

Gary
Old Nov 1st 2008, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

leith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 month update

Good for you. You have a great attitude. You'll do well here.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 3:30 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Well done gary

Did you land as PR then
It is sometimes easier to get work if you are pr than getting an employer to go through the hassle of the paperwork.
Well done on the weight, just keep away from timmies now
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute

landed on a skilled worker visa, waiting for our PR cards should arrive any time now.

Timmys like the coffee , love the chilli, hate the tim bits ( kids love them)
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:32 pm

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 2 month update

Just wanted to say "Well done you". I am glad you have found a good job I am now hoping after a year here that i am just as lucky. It is not all that easy finding a job on a spouses "open" work permit. The permits have an awful amount of restrictions on them, i.e: not able to work in education, health, food and hygiene, agriculture or any field occupations and if that is what your experience is in then you will struggle. I would have worked in Timmies but can't due to food and hygiene bit......it is easier with pr as you can do anything once you have that.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:11 pm
swoops

swoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to all

Nice one Gary....
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by gary123
landed on a skilled worker visa, waiting for our PR cards should arrive any time now.

Timmys like the coffee , love the chilli, hate the tim bits ( kids love them)

What took you to that region of ON if nothing happening in the food industry? Were you looking at the food industry or did you want a break from it? Both my wife and i are in the industry or were in the UK. We are doing the NSNP CI route. We have a major food processor near us but fancy a change.

I believe that ON has quite a big food industry but maybe i should not get back into the industry then i may lose loads of weight also lol.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:48 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

HI

My family and I landed on the 25th August in Toronto, and we moved to Brampton. I had worked in food processing as a Snr manager and looked for this kind of work in the area. NOTHING
So on the second week once we had moved in to our rented house and the kids where in school, i was thinking this is a really good show ( red green) i knew then i had to find work!
I was taken on as agency in an engineering firm,, never done anything like that before, hard work manual and i was a paper jockey........

2 months on , i have been taken on full time , and got a $120 a week pay rise , as they pay a lot more than the agency , have lost 19lbs ( i was/ am a fat git) and now means the money we came across with is not beening eaten away by paying the rent hydro, cable etc .

The point, i have read about people not being able to get jobs, there are jobs out there and if you are willing to work then you can get work...

Gary
Well done, you have a very positive attitude you will go far!!!!
Old Nov 8th 2008, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

HI

Gary
a very postive attitude and am proud, u will surely do well good luck
Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Well done and congrats mucker. Good to read a positive post.

We are hoping to land in Calgary the middle of Jan and have given ourselves at least 12 months to settle in and get sorted.

Good read, good luck, keep us posted.
regards to all,
Carl
Old Nov 10th 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

hi

Thanks for all the surport , picked Brampton as it has one of the biggest food manufacturing areas, but after applying for 20 jobs i took the first one that was offered, engineering.

Still looking to get back as a food production manager/ shift manager however a bit silly to go looking for food jobs 2 months before xmas, as you could get laid off come january ( i used to do it all the time in the uk)

It is a change being a shop floor worker and not a Snr manager , don't miss 60+ hours a week, and having the mobile ring every two mins. I n fact i have refused to buy a mobile in Canada as it ran my life in the UK.

SO , different but eh , that is why we all moved to the other side of the world.

Gary
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

hi

Thanks for all the surport , picked Brampton as it has one of the biggest food manufacturing areas, but after applying for 20 jobs i took the first one that was offered, engineering.

Still looking to get back as a food production manager/ shift manager however a bit silly to go looking for food jobs 2 months before xmas, as you could get laid off come january ( i used to do it all the time in the uk)

It is a change being a shop floor worker and not a Snr manager , don't miss 60+ hours a week, and having the mobile ring every two mins. I n fact i have refused to buy a mobile in Canada as it ran my life in the UK.

SO , different but eh , that is why we all moved to the other side of the world.

Gary

God dont remind me. Used to work for Bakkovar (Geest) in the UK then the Vion Group and my god. I had a company mobile and no sooner had i walked out the place the bloody phone was ringing. Those very nice bosses of mine put a Parrot in my car so i could answer the phone on the way home without getting into trouble. How nice!!! :curse:

Good luck getting back into it and would love to know what differences you find between the 2 work ethics in the same industry on either side of the pond when you do finally get back into it

Dean