1st week done!!

Old Nov 11th 2010, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Portsmouthcouple has a brilliant futurePortsmouthcouple has a brilliant futurePortsmouthcouple has a brilliant futurePortsmouthcouple has a brilliant futurePortsmouthcouple has a brilliant futurePortsmouthcouple has a brilliant future
Default 1st week done!!

LOL, For months i have wanted to post on here and now i have my chance!! Yes it`s only been a week but i could`nt wait any longer! Settling in well, looking around the Chilliwack area and seeing whats around, introduced myself to the neighbours etc, just had Shaw link me up with the TV and phone and internet so i can at least communicate. Looking forward to a better life. See you again at teh end of my first year!!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st week done!!

Good luck
Old Nov 11th 2010, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!! Well done on your first week, I agree it is a big step. Really pleased you are getting on OK.

We go in 2 and a half weeks and my stomach is in knots..so looking forward to my post here too!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome - best wishes - and you don't have to wait a whole year to update us
Old Nov 12th 2010, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Portsmouthcouple has a brilliant futurePortsmouthcouple has a brilliant futurePortsmouthcouple has a brilliant futurePortsmouthcouple has a brilliant futurePortsmouthcouple has a brilliant futurePortsmouthcouple has a brilliant future

Is it normal to feel homesick within your first week? Still waiting for my wife to arrive, but i have gone through a rollercoaster of emotions, not what i was expecting.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BC! We lived in Fareham for a few years, I worked at the Ella Gordon Unit in Pompey!
The first week, especially if you are here on your own is weird. I think it took me a year before I felt like this was home.
Best of luck with all the settling in.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Good to hear from a once local!! Yes it`s hit me hard to be honest, there was i in the UK itching to start a new life in Canada and now i am here i am surprised with the rollercoaster of emotions that i am going through, not nice being on your own and not knowing anyone, at least i have my lovely wife comming over next week!
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's fairly normal to feel homesick, especially in the beginning. I felt homesick for the first 5 weeks after arriving, not because I didn't like Canada but because I didn't think I would get back into teaching. I was fortunate and landed a teaching job within 5 weeks and have never looked back.

Stick with it and things will become easier for you.

Goodluck.

Poppit
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

Many congrats and keep talking to the fantastic people on this forum.

For immigration stuff, this is the one place your questions will be answered i.e. instead of having to rely on the CIC website!!

Otherwise, it is a great source of support.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone, feeling better today, started to get organised and the people here are so welcoming, just need to find employment and then i know i will feel more secure. By the way i need to buy a car soon as the rental i have has to go back in December, any hints on cheap car insurance? I heard it`s expensive, i have 9+ years no claims proof from the UK. By the way if there is anyone out there that has any IT contacts between Vancouver to Chilliwack please let me know
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Cooperwoman is a jewel in the roughCooperwoman is a jewel in the roughCooperwoman is a jewel in the roughCooperwoman is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations on your first week! I was originally from Fareham, so good to hear from another 'local'. I have been here for 3 years now, and the first year was difficult but once settled in it does get better.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Hi Local!! Fareham hasn`t changed in the past 3 years! Not too keen on the TV over here, but then again, what with all the stunning scenery, i doubt i will watch that much anymore.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

dentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud ofdentaltech has much to be proud of

hi

good luck in bc we are in ontario and have been here 4 years , we have had a rollercoaster ride but we stuck it out and we returned home in september , the first time in 4 years. we realised although we missed the family , we were happy here and are moving into our second house , this to us and my 19 and 22 year old , we are staying. it is not easy but we overcame everything and now on track.

we lived in Clanfield and owned a business in Clarendon road southsea.

good luck to you and enjoy
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

minxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really nice

Hi, We moved from Pompey on the 30 June 2010 to Ontario. Car insurance is so expensive our full No Claims from the UK did not count for anything We found work fairly quickly, but I have since taken a career change. If you would like to know any thing PM us, we would be happy to try and help...
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Fellow Pomponian!!! Well i am over the initail shock, and love the place, we are both looking for work at the moment, although my wife is working on temp jobs, but we have saving to last us a few months, going to see our first hockey game on Jan 2nd, Chilliwack v Vancouver Giants, so we are looking forward to that, we have a car now, glad that we just had to hand in our UK driving licence to get a BC one, car insurance and mobile phone contracts are ludicrously expensive here!! I think the shock of how expensive even the simple things are took a time to get over, but once we are both working it will even itself out. I was looking at changing career as well, i have applied for numerous IT jobs out here but i found out many othe Brits are doing the same, so i guess the IT market is completely flooded. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.