Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

1st Canniversary, 1 week yesterday

1st Canniversary, 1 week yesterday

Old Jun 3rd 2012, 4:41 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1st Canniversary, 1 week yesterday

Glad you are have enjoyed your first year in Canada and long may it continue.

We visited Lethbridge last summer, the outdoor pool looked gorgeous, didn't have time to take a dip, but the kids enjoyed the play park down by the water. Very hot but very, very windy- our picnic blew off the table

Enjoy the summer
Old Jun 5th 2012, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Glad you are have enjoyed your first year in Canada and long may it continue.

We visited Lethbridge last summer, the outdoor pool looked gorgeous, didn't have time to take a dip, but the kids enjoyed the play park down by the water. Very hot but very, very windy- our picnic blew off the table

Enjoy the summer
Yeah the wind down here gets pretty wild when it blows
Old Jun 5th 2012, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
Great post and good luck with the red seal i got my red seal plumbing licence
after working over here for a year so i know what its like getting used to the
different codes and names of parts and fittings I like those marretts over
here i don't remember seeing them in the UK?
Congrats on the redseal, yeah you gotta love those Marettes, easy to use though. We did have them in the UK about 60 years ago I came across them on an old dears light fixture with the original Rubber insulated wiring. One of the Canadian sparks asked me on my first day what we called the Marettes back in the UK and I said antiques!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alphawolf
We have made some great friends though who are Brits,
That will be me!!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Dont they use crimps/con blocks.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 12:00 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Nice to read - well done, and best wishes for another happy one year and one week!
Actually it was one week and one day.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by farjojo71
That will be me!!
You guys are definately one of the few

You have been awesome, TRUE friends unlike some that will not be mentioned
Old Jun 5th 2012, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by graham and george
Dont they use crimps/con blocks.
Not like we do, crimps occasionally get used and I have only seen connector blocks (choc blocks) fixed to certain large appliances eg a water heater and a hot tub so far.
Most items are connected with marettes so you need to get re acquainted with the damn things

The funniest thing I find is although sockets are called receptacles everyone calls them plugs!!!!
So what do you call the thing that goes into the plug.......a plug
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

chillingincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Lovely to read a positive post!! Congratulations!! We have been in Canada 4 years and we love it too
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Love it, old skool style.

Do they call switches lamps
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chillingincanada
Lovely to read a positive post!! Congratulations!! We have been in Canada 4 years and we love it too
Thanks guys
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by graham and george
Love it, old skool style.

Do they call switches lamps

No those they still call switches
Old Jun 8th 2012, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

jerseytocanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alphawolf
Congrats on the redseal, yeah you gotta love those Marettes, easy to use though. We did have them in the UK about 60 years ago I came across them on an old dears light fixture with the original Rubber insulated wiring. One of the Canadian sparks asked me on my first day what we called the Marettes back in the UK and I said antiques!!!!
And now available again and have been approved for use in the UK. They are made by ideal and are just US ones with a sticker on the box with a UK BS:???? no on them.

http://www.idealindustries.co.uk/pro...onnectors.html

Nice time savers and great for when you come up against an old RB4. Instead of replacing all the old ceramic twist ons for conn block i can now just twist these on.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Have also seen them in eddys but only used for small cable max of 4mm for 2 cables.

Glad you are sellted, and one day i will be in the same positon as you guys
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

wolfgirl75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 1st Canniversary, 1 week yesterday

Hi Alphawolf,

Great post. My OH leaves for Lethbridge this coming Sunday, then the rest of us follow in a few months time. So excited i think i might burst!

I had a quick question for you - like you i'm bringing 2 huskies, my OH is going to be looking for rental accomodation whilst he's there, but how did you find somewhere to rent that would let you take 3 huskies? Any tips?

I've been keeping an eye on kijiji but any advice would be great.

I hope we love it as much as you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.