18 years in Quebec

Old Jul 6th 2014, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default 18 years in Quebec

... & I neither love nor hate it .

Offspring (2 immigrants, 1 born & bred) are happy here.

Not much more to say really

S
Old Jul 6th 2014, 2:52 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 18 years in Quebec

Originally Posted by Shirtback
... & I neither love nor hate it .

Offspring (2 immigrants, 1 born & bred) are happy here.

Not much more to say really

S
Gosh 18 years is a long time... Congratulations!

Will you stay in Quebec for ever do you think?
Old Jul 7th 2014, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Gosh 18 years is a long time... Congratulations!

Will you stay in Quebec for ever do you think?
Thank you! Dsis & my ex texted commiserations

No, I don't see myself staying forever, but have no plans to move in the short to middle term. I'd quite like to go "Out West" for a bit, & eventually, will probably end up - at least part-time - back in France and/or UK.

S
Old Jul 7th 2014, 8:49 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! Dsis & my ex texted commiserations

No, I don't see myself staying forever, but have no plans to move in the short to middle term. I'd quite like to go "Out West" for a bit, & eventually, will probably end up - at least part-time - back in France and/or UK.

S
Félicitations for 18 years in La Belle Province but I think you should do the bolded bit.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 9:14 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff.

My 10 years living in QC comes up in a few weeks. Tack on to that the years the Quebecoise missus and I lived with each other in Ontario and London and the time I spent working with such vermin in London, and it comes to 18 years!

I've spent over a third of my life around people that, according to some, should hate me!

I lived in France for a couple of years too. Apart from my college mates, the only Frog I met that genuinely didn't dislike me on principle was an old bloke who had been in the Resistance.

Don't tell the mad Welsh woman that.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, that is a long time. We moved to Ontario from the UK 3 years ago, intending it to be permanent but now, having got PR this year and having just bought a house instead of renting, I'm suddenly less sure of how I feel about that.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Félicitations for 18 years in La Belle Province but I think you should do the bolded bit.
Merci! I agree with you . How's cheese country ?

Originally Posted by Souvy
Good stuff.

My 10 years living in QC comes up in a few weeks. Tack on to that the years the Quebecoise missus and I lived with each other in Ontario and London and the time I spent working with such vermin in London, and it comes to 18 years!

I've spent over a third of my life around people that, according to some, should hate me!

I lived in France for a couple of years too. Apart from my college mates, the only Frog I met that genuinely didn't dislike me on principle was an old bloke who had been in the Resistance.

Don't tell the mad Welsh woman that.

I'm not going anywhere near the MWW, she'd probably have me hung drawn & quartered for treason !

Apart from 3-odd years oppressing former colonials, I've spent over half my life with various varieties of Frog; have a love/hate relationship with most of 'em, whether the European or N. American branch!!

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
Congratulations, that is a long time. We moved to Ontario from the UK 3 years ago, intending it to be permanent but now, having got PR this year and having just bought a house instead of renting, I'm suddenly less sure of how I feel about that.
It doesn't feel that long ... Most days I do recall that years 3 - 5 were tough; the novelty had worn off, & if I hadn't had school age children Who were loving
it, & a baby, I would most probably have left at that point. I'm glad I didn't, with hindsight.

S
Old Jul 8th 2014, 3:31 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going anywhere near the MWW, she'd probably have me hung drawn & quartered for treason !

Apart from 3-odd years oppressing former colonials, I've spent over half my life with various varieties of Frog; have a love/hate relationship with most of 'em, whether the European or N. American branch!!

S
I'll have to brush up on my frog. I've never been very good at it and I don't really need to be where I am. I'll be going up to our place near Quebec soon to join my missus (and my power tools). I'll need to get my frog out there, for sure.

My garage is looking rather empty and lonely. All my tools went away. I think the contents of the Tuscon were worth more than the car!
Old Jul 8th 2014, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'll be going up to our place near Quebec soon to join my missus (and my power tools). I'll need to get my frog out there, for sure.

My garage is looking rather empty and lonely. All my tools went away. I think the contents of the Tuscon were worth more than the car!

That sounds like a very Canadian summer trip (power tools + SUV + summer place!)

I'm off (further) Oop North this weekend with a canoe, bicycles & camping gear. Unfortunately, I have a sneaky suspicion that the bike rack may not have made its way back home after the last time I lent it to step-sprog & I may have to retrieve it from Montreal... I really should check

I've been living & working in Frog since 1992. My spoken English was actually starting to suffer until I met my OH - another Northern Brit expat - in the deepest darkest depths of rural Qc, then moved to an area with a large Anglo population.

S
Old Jul 9th 2014, 12:22 pm
Slob

That sounds like a very Canadian summer trip (power tools + SUV + summer place!)

I'm off (further) Oop North this weekend with a canoe, bicycles & camping gear. Unfortunately, I have a sneaky suspicion that the bike rack may not have made its way back home after the last time I lent it to step-sprog & I may have to retrieve it from Montreal... I really should check

I've been living & working in Frog since 1992. My spoken English was actually starting to suffer until I met my OH - another Northern Brit expat - in the deepest darkest depths of rural Qc, then moved to an area with a large Anglo population.

S
The bike rack was about the only thing that didn't leave the garage!

No point. We won't be doing any cycling.

I'll be too busy. A main task of mine is going to be baseboards and crown mouldings, door mouldings and window mouldings. My darling wife has started dropping delicate hints to me that the walls etc are not terribly, er, straight.

O joy!
Old Jul 9th 2014, 7:51 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be too busy. A main task of mine is going to be baseboards and crown mouldings, door mouldings and window mouldings. My darling wife has started dropping delicate hints to me that the walls etc are not terribly, er, straight.

O joy!
If she ever gets sick of you Souvy, you have a home with me...we are just tackling crown moldings....and I fear my husband may leave me, as he's having restoration fever...so I may need another!

What a nice thread, I like the sound of all your lives in a French/English miasma...but the life of Novo, sounds delightful....Cheers and pass the aperos Happy summer one and all ... Les bonnes vacances!
Old Jul 9th 2014, 11:23 pm
Slob

Originally Posted by MillieF
If she ever gets sick of you Souvy, you have a home with me...we are just tackling crown moldings....and I fear my husband may leave me, as he's having restoration fever...so I may need another!

What a nice thread, I like the sound of all your lives in a French/English miasma...but the life of Novo, sounds delightful....Cheers and pass the aperos Happy summer one and all ... Les bonnes vacances!
Join the waiting list, poppet.

The street I live on is heavily populated by single women of about my age.

I seem to have become the surrogate hubby to a few of then (no, not for that reason...). Souvette calls them my girlfriends.

Does hubby know how to cut crown mouldings the easy way (reversing)? I'm happy to share, if he doesn't.