15 years

Old Sep 17th 2019, 6:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default 15 years

Passed my 15 years the other day
Nothing to add to my 10 year post really except that I'm over looking enviously at other places that get less snow than we do but might get other problems we don't get here.

Still not been back to UK and don't care to but want to do other parts of Europe again. Maybe next year.
Old Sep 18th 2019, 5:13 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 15 years

Congrats!!!!
Old Sep 18th 2019, 6:24 pm
Moving to Mississauga!

ScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond reputeScotinCanada has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Sep 18th 2019, 7:29 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
...Still not been back to UK and don't care to but want to do other parts of Europe again. Maybe next year.
Come on over!

Congrats on the 15 years.
Old Sep 18th 2019, 10:06 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Come on over!
Had it all planned for the family years ago, but my wife's health got too bad and then she died.
Couple of years ago started planning it for me, stepkids and mother in law but decided I wasn't up to it health-wise but now thinking maybe we could just do Nice. At least I can show the others a bit of Europe and there's a fair amount within reach by train and bus. And tram too now.

Old Sep 21st 2019, 4:22 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on your Canniversary! 15 years without going back to blighty, you deserve to have a trip and perhaps a jaunt back to the old country whilst you are in Europe

Here's to the next 15 in Canada, where ever it may be.. perhaps around the 1000 islands area? Somewhere you can get around without needing a vehicle of your own, anyway! Has anywhere taken your fancy?

Old Sep 27th 2019, 2:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Sep 27th 2019, 2:02 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Congrats on your Canniversary! 15 years without going back to blighty, you deserve to have a trip and perhaps a jaunt back to the old country whilst you are in Europe
Nah, it's not worth the effort. My original 'dream' trip was to be some sort of circuit: Paris, touch Germany, into Switzerland and through Austria to Vienna (now on the train) and down through Italy perhaps taking in Venice as the touristy thing to do for the others, MIL in particular, then finish up in Nice with the other attractions up and down the coast.

Including Blighty would have been a massive inconvenience. Now it's likely to just be Nice and area if anything - I just don't have the energy or fitness for anything more - I'm afraid I still view visiting the UK as a massive inconvenience. Terrible isn't it.

Here's to the next 15 in Canada, where ever it may be.. perhaps around the 1000 islands area? Somewhere you can get around without needing a vehicle of your own, anyway! Has anywhere taken your fancy?
Millie's post has made me look at Quebec City for a visit more seriously. Train there, fly back maybe.

For something permanent, though, not anymore. However I do think that downsizing might be worth looking at in the future, if only to make it easier for the remaining two to manage. And I've always taken the view that if you have to go through the selling up and moving on, then maybe it could be a complete change rather than just up the road or across town.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your 15 year anniversary
Old Sep 28th 2019, 4:02 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

15 years, a huge milestone Bristol! Just a trip to Nice would still be lovely, and I've always thought that it's even more enjoyable when there's someone else along who hasn't seen a place before.

Wishing you good health and many more years in your adopted country - may all those years be the happy ones you deserve
Old Oct 3rd 2019, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I just did the math, seems we arrived the same year, only been a PR 13 years though, my application had a delay in processing.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 12:08 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I just did the math, seems we arrived the same year, only been a PR 13 years though, my application had a delay in processing.
Congrats JS, that's a good long number of years! Do you think Canada's been good to you overall, or would you rather move back to the US?
Old Oct 4th 2019, 4:52 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Just seen this as have been away .

15 years and counting then.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

I'd rather be in the US, specifically California to be near family, and everything that is familiar for me, if I had the resources and ability to do so.

I've never really connected here, and I never made friends, and in many ways I just feel like I am on a long term vacation/visitor to Canada, it doesn't feel like home for me.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Congrats JS, that's a good long number of years! Do you think Canada's been good to you overall, or would you rather move back to the US?

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Oct 4th 2019 at 8:21 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 9:57 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I'd rather be in the US, specifically California to be near family, and everything that is familiar for me, if I had the resources and ability to do so.

I've never really connected here, and I never made friends, and in many ways I just feel like I am on a long term vacation/visitor to Canada, it doesn't feel like home for me.
That seems to be something that a lot of BE members feel, a bit disconnected and not feeling at home in their new country. I think it's been referred to as the curse of the expats. It's not really something we think about when we emigrate is it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.