Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

How time has flown :)

How time has flown :)

Old Nov 5th 2017, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute
Default How time has flown :)

Logged on to the site today, first time for a long time.

I realised how time has flown, I have been in sunny / snowy/ windy and beautiful Alberta for 8 years and 3 months. Hubby been here 7 years and 6 months. Now Canadian Citizens as of March 2016.
I have moved up the career ladder in work, to the level I was in the UK, have a great acreage and view of the mountains, two gorgeous Pyrenees/ Maremma puppies (well 4 and 2 years old). Still loving it and not even contemplating a move back to the UK.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 5:51 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How time has flown :)

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette

I realised how time has flown, I have been in sunny / snowy/ windy and beautiful Alberta for 8 years and 3 months. Hubby been here 7 years and 6 months. Now Canadian Citizens as of March 2016.
I have moved up the career ladder in work, to the level I was in the UK, have a great acreage and view of the mountains, two gorgeous Pyrenees/ Maremma puppies (well 4 and 2 years old). Still loving it and not even contemplating a move back to the UK.
Welcome back- it is like coming back to Coronation street after a long gap, nothing really changes! You seem to enjoying life to the full which is great (take note Oink... There are some of us out there!)

Re the bolded text... What a beautiful combination of breeds... you can't just drop that into a post without showing us a photo of the likely huge beauties
Old Nov 5th 2017, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Stinkypup,

You are right, nothing seems to have changed, but a few more new neighbours have arrived
I am trying to upload a poi of the pups. Keep watching

For some reason I cannot up load the picture and it will not let me change my profile pic- arrghghh

Last edited by Mad Jockette; Nov 5th 2017 at 11:12 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Not sure if this will work.
The dog standing is Bernie the Male, 4 years old and the other is LoobyLou the female 2 years old

http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1509929910

http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1509929910
Attached Thumbnails How time has flown :)-dsc05956-copy-2-.jpg   How time has flown :)-dsc05968-copy-2-.jpg  
Old Nov 6th 2017, 12:16 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

As expected beautiful- initially I felt more Pyrenean than Maremma but on second thoughts a nice 50% 50% split- do you have stock that they can show off their skills protecting?
Old Nov 6th 2017, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi, no stock for them to protect, but they have their paws full protecting us and the garage cats
Thank you for the compliment

They are 50- 50 their father is a Pyrenees and mother is a Maremma.
Looby looks more Maremma than Bernie and she has the barking tendency, where as Bernie has the infamous Pry paw actions.
I am biased but they are fantastic dogs and I feel so safe with them around .
Old Nov 6th 2017, 12:49 am
I need a walk

Hi, no stock for them to protect, but they have their paws full protecting us and the garage cats
Thank you for the compliment

They are 50- 50 their father is a Pyrenees and mother is a Maremma.
Looby looks more Maremma than Bernie and she has the barking tendency, where as Bernie has the infamous Pry paw actions.
I am biased but they are fantastic dogs and I feel so safe with them around .
That must have been what I thought above, first looking at him - more P then her- more M . Yeah, they are very loyal. My uncle had a beautiful Pyrenean- then a St Bernard called Havoc- appropriately named and then downsized to small dogs...Bernese
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

That is quite a downsize from Pry, St B and then Burmese LOL.
I must admit I am not a small dog fan.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:25 am
I need a walk

That is quite a downsize from Pry, St B and then Burmese LOL.
I must admit I am not a small dog fan.
Me neither!
Bernese, not Burmese, that is a bloody cat!
Old Nov 6th 2017, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

We're moving over to AB in January, hopefully we'll love it too! Congratulations on the citizenship
Old Nov 6th 2017, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Oops Stinkypup, sorry I did mean Bernese and not the cat variety

To be truthful we only have the cats as mousers

Am I forgiven?

Last edited by Mad Jockette; Nov 6th 2017 at 11:17 am. Reason: spelling error
Old Nov 6th 2017, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk,
Where in Alberta are you moving to?

We are near Rocky Mountain House and work in Red Deer.

Good luck with the move and enjoy your new adventure

Last edited by Mad Jockette; Nov 6th 2017 at 11:18 am.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.

The dogs you have appear to be the standard acreage dog in Alberta. Do you keep them inside or do they have the run of the property?
Old Nov 7th 2017, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi They are the standard LGD's here for farms etc.

They spend most of the time outside, they are loving it just now as they prefer to be out in the snow
Old Nov 7th 2017, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Shakyuk,
Where in Alberta are you moving to?

We are near Rocky Mountain House and work in Red Deer.

Good luck with the move and enjoy your new adventure

Oh nice that is out in the sticks! We drove through Red Deer, it seemed like a very nice small town.

We're planning on moving to Calgary to begin with to make use of the public transport and hopefully get jobs asap. Long term we'd like to live rurally, maybe within commuting distance of Calgary or if we can find employment, just live and work rurally. That's the plan anyway!

Do you have an acreage? How do you find country living?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.