Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

10 years on May 15th

10 years on May 15th

Old May 13th 2012, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 10 years on May 15th

Cannot say its all been good- lots of ups and downs-in reality will be going back to UK to retire- but you know what at least we can say we have done it!!
Old May 14th 2012, 12:28 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 years on May 15th

Originally Posted by shelley748
Cannot say its all been good- lots of ups and downs-in reality will be going back to UK to retire- but you know what at least we can say we have done it!!
Yes, yes you can, you have to do whats right for you, you have given it enough time and you know where you want to be. Congrats on 10 years and making up your mind
Old May 14th 2012, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Yes, yes you can, you have to do whats right for you, you have given it enough time and you know where you want to be. Congrats on 10 years and making up your mind
Thanks Piff
Old May 16th 2012, 2:20 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! we share an anniversary, although you have done a lot longer than me. The way I look at the anniversary date is, another year done, so a year closer to leaving.

Congrats on 10 years.
Old May 20th 2012, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Wow! we share an anniversary, although you have done a lot longer than me. The way I look at the anniversary date is, another year done, so a year closer to leaving.

Congrats on 10 years.
Yes I hear you- congrats to you too!! We are already starting to plan our return- we have a 2 week vacation later this year and will be using it to do a recce. I went online to Tesco's to do a shop and it was much cheaper than here in Canada!
Old May 20th 2012, 9:46 am

Yes I hear you- congrats to you too!! We are already starting to plan our return- we have a 2 week vacation later this year and will be using it to do a recce. I went online to Tesco's to do a shop and it was much cheaper than here in Canada!
Food is a lot cheaper at home than here. I go back every 3-4 months so I keep my eye on prices.

How nice to be planning your return. Wish I was.
Old May 20th 2012, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Food is a lot cheaper at home than here. I go back every 3-4 months so I keep my eye on prices.

How nice to be planning your return. Wish I was.
I see you have Brytor on your profile...they moved us from Poole to Ottawa -they were excellent!
Old May 21st 2012, 12:28 am
Banned

roofingman will become famous soon enoughroofingman will become famous soon enough

You Guys have stars in your eyes..Groceries are much cheaper in Canada...than the UK...and better quality..Er Spain over California..??..... Er I dont think so.....I spend at least 2 months a year in the UK every year and the place is in a chronic mess........I emigrated to Canada...many years ago..no job, no rellies..no friends ..met by the Salvation Army..and walked the streets in skid row Vancouver.......Canada lifted me up by my bootstraps........If you dont like it here --Go ferk off...back 'ome..!!
Old May 21st 2012, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roofingman
........If you dont like it here --Go ferk off...back 'ome..!!
That's uncalled for! UK is not doom and gloom and Canada is not a paradise.

Ruby.
Old May 22nd 2012, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

You Guys have stars in your eyes..Groceries are much cheaper in Canada...than the UK...and better quality..Er Spain over California..??..... Er I dont think so.....I spend at least 2 months a year in the UK every year and the place is in a chronic mess........I emigrated to Canada...many years ago..no job, no rellies..no friends ..met by the Salvation Army..and walked the streets in skid row Vancouver.......Canada lifted me up by my bootstraps........If you dont like it here --Go ferk off...back 'ome..!!
I do not have stars in my eyes thank you very much- I have been here for 10 years and I have seen the prices in my area go up significantly- you don't live where I do, so how would you know what things cost.

Where in the UK do you go 2 months of the year? let me guess London.

I will be returning home in my own time-you don't know my story or anything about my life here so go F yourself and don't be so rude.

You are exactly what I don't like about some people on the BE site,i.e. you cannot have an opinion unless its the same as yours.
Old May 22nd 2012, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RubyRose
That's uncalled for! UK is not doom and gloom and Canada is not a paradise.

Ruby.
Ruby you will always get some little oik who thinks he knows everyone and everything.
Old May 22nd 2012, 2:35 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ruby you will always get some little oik who thinks he knows everyone and everything.
Ah. I see now where your earlier post came from.

What....a... complete......wanker.
Old May 22nd 2012, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
What....a... complete......wanker.
I agree wholeheartedly with you! An absolute W......r!

Ruby
Old May 22nd 2012, 11:08 am

I see you have Brytor on your profile...they moved us from Poole to Ottawa -they were excellent!
My husband and his partner own it
Old May 22nd 2012, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

My husband and his partner own it
oh well we were soooo happy we will be using you guys again!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.