Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

10 years and going back soon

10 years and going back soon

Old Mar 3rd 2012, 1:25 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 years and going back soon

Good luck Bigals. I definitely feel England is still my home and I am more European than I ever will be Canadian/north American.
I hope to retire in Europe one day
Old Apr 16th 2012, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Brit_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck.
I would love to come back to the UK one day, however with the cost of living and lack of opportunities right now in my profession in the UK it would be very difficult.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit_1
Good luck.
I would love to come back to the UK one day, however with the cost of living and lack of opportunities right now in my profession in the UK it would be very difficult.
No idea about lack of job opportunities for you, but certainly cost of living in the UK is said by most on the forum to be on a par with Canada these days, so that may not be a factor.

Welcome to BE btw.

Old Apr 19th 2012, 10:13 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigals
I came here in 2001 wife 2 kids and a pot full of money,going home with no wife no kids and not even a pot to pee in,
It has been the biggest struggle of my life I have tried everything to make it work here and its been one wall after another,I have a trade i can not use here ,i am multiskilled tradesman . as soon as i have tied up a few loose ends im going back to family and friends
Sad to hear that you have had it hard, bigals.

It is always hard to know what those ten years would have brought you if you had stayed in the UK. Maybe misfortune might have befallen you there as well, just differently.

In any case, I hope that this move will be a better one for you and that things start to go right for you again soon.