Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

10 years and going back soon

10 years and going back soon

Old Feb 21st 2012, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice
Default 10 years and going back soon

I came here in 2001 wife 2 kids and a pot full of money,going home with no wife no kids and not even a pot to pee in,
It has been the biggest struggle of my life I have tried everything to make it work here and its been one wall after another,I have a trade i can not use here ,i am multiskilled tradesman . as soon as i have tied up a few loose ends im going back to family and friends
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 10 years and going back soon

Hope you find some happiness back home. good luck.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

At least nobody can say that you didn't give it your best shot. Hope it all works out back in the UK.
Good luck.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bigals
I came here in 2001 wife 2 kids and a pot full of money,going home with no wife no kids and not even a pot to pee in,
It has been the biggest struggle of my life I have tried everything to make it work here and its been one wall after another,I have a trade i can not use here ,i am multiskilled tradesman . as soon as i have tied up a few loose ends im going back to family and friends
So sorry to read about your struggle. I hope life gets easier for you on your return home.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice

Thanks for the good wishes...I am beginning to wonder if its me,I could write a book on the struggle ive had including a heart attack and then 3 months later having to get a pacemaker.
I love the country but just could not shake the bad luck ,my kids are 21 and 24 and settled here but im sure i will see plenty of them when they come visit.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

richardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud ofrichardm123 has much to be proud of

Good luck bigals. I'm making the move back in a couple of months after 5 years. No work for a skilled manager in my sector.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 7:53 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

After 10 years, do you still think of the UK as home? What are you going back to? Where are the kids? Tell me to bog off and mind my own business, but surely you must have put down some roots in that time? Can you possibly help us, in order to make our proposed moves more successful, given your experiences?
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MillieF
After 10 years, do you still think of the UK as home? What are you going back to? Where are the kids? Tell me to bog off and mind my own business, but surely you must have put down some roots in that time? Can you possibly help us, in order to make our proposed moves more successful, given your experiences?
Hi yes i still think of the UK as home,I have gone back every few years and most of my family are there except my kids who will stay here for now,not sure for how long as both can not find work.
you are welcome to pm me ,i dont mind telling you my experiences if i do it on the forums i may get bashed because of my views lol
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 8:10 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

You're on! Many thanks.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

You're on! Many thanks.
Being married to a Canadian will make your move easier im sure
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 11:55 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

After 10 years, do you still think of the UK as home?
It's always home, innit?
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbd33
It's always home, innit?
yes and it always will be ,and i think its the same wherever you come from
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:05 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigals
i think its the same wherever you come from
I have good reason to believe that. Good luck on your return.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 1:14 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

It's always home, innit?
In a sense, yes. A nice place to visit and to outgrow your childhood by revisiting it. Doesn't mean you have to go back to live there though. Doesn't mean you mustn't either.

Home for me is these days Europe in general not England in particular. But it's still "Howay the Toon" and ever will be.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

I have good reason to believe that. Good luck on your return.
thanks and hope all stays good for you here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.