British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canniversary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/)
-   -   10 years in (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/10-years-937826/)

Howefamily Mar 26th 2021 7:31 pm

10 years in

I realized that I missed my 10 year update so heres the Coles Notes version:
Still love this Nova Scotia life.
Didn't get to see my dad or attend his funeral in the UK in Oct 2020 due to the obvious, which sucked, a lot!
Still got way too many animals than is sensible and that still includes my horse
Oldest daughter is learning to drive which means shes mainly taught by me even though shes in Drivers Ed. A concept that I still cant wrap my head around and which goes a long way in explaining drivers around here.
Been working from home a year now which I rather like as its enabled me to see my family more which in turn allows me to spend more time at the barn with less guilt, and learn to grow vegetables.
Covid also saw me making my own bread which has meant we have been able to kiss goodbye to the sugary Canadian bread.
I have realized how Canadian I have become when I speak to my British friends and family.

DandNHill Mar 29th 2021 2:30 am

Re: 10 years in

Originally Posted by Howefamily (Post 12988162)
I realized that I missed my 10 year update so heres the Coles Notes version:
Still love this Nova Scotia life.
Didn't get to see my dad or attend his funeral in the UK in Oct 2020 due to the obvious, which sucked, a lot!
Still got way too many animals than is sensible and that still includes my horse
Oldest daughter is learning to drive which means shes mainly taught by me even though shes in Drivers Ed. A concept that I still cant wrap my head around and which goes a long way in explaining drivers around here.
Been working from home a year now which I rather like as its enabled me to see my family more which in turn allows me to spend more time at the barn with less guilt, and learn to grow vegetables.
Covid also saw me making my own bread which has meant we have been able to kiss goodbye to the sugary Canadian bread.
I have realized how Canadian I have become when I speak to my British friends and family.

I’ve been thinking about you...can you believe it’s 10 years already? Where did the time go?
You really are settled in NS! I’m really happy for you. You have a lovely neighbourhood too.
Hopefully we’ll make a trip back that way post Covid to celebrate both our ten year Canniversarys!
Cheers 🍻

BristolUK Mar 29th 2021 11:45 am

Nice to hear from you and that it's still going well.

Howefamily Mar 29th 2021 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by DandNHill (Post 12988798)
I’ve been thinking about you...can you believe it’s 10 years already? Where did the time go?
You really are settled in NS! I’m really happy for you. You have a lovely neighbourhood too.
Hopefully we’ll make a trip back that way post Covid to celebrate both our ten year Canniversarys!
Cheers 🍻

Thank you, yes I would love that!

Howefamily Mar 29th 2021 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12988887)
Nice to hear from you and that it's still going well.

thank you!

ann m Mar 30th 2021 5:25 am

Congrats and happy Canniversary, glad to hear it has all gone well and that you are happy. Here’s to the next 10. :thumbup:

JamesM Apr 6th 2021 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Howefamily (Post 12988162)

Congratulations! Initially read this as "making my own bed" and thought wow you're lazy :-)

I still wish they sold squash here. I think I miss that more than anything else grocery.

Cookie Apr 20th 2021 1:40 am

Belated Congrats!
(I haven’t been on here for at least a year or two lol)