1 Year wow!

Old Aug 19th 2014, 1:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 Year wow!

Originally Posted by gizmo59
Ah, thanks. Yes, FSW2 is what I'm wondering Bout, but I've looked at the CIC website and don't see how I could do this from inside Canada but maybe it's just my circumstances.

I'm on an open temp work permit granted in conjunction with my husband's study permit that runs out at the end of 2015. I have a permanent job and have done since the beginning of December 2013, which is why I was thinking CEC, but it seems from here that people can do FSW2 if they already have a job in Canada?
Yes, they can do FSW if they're working on a TWP or OWP in Canada, that's what FSW cat 2 is for, you can read all about it on the CIC website - Determine your eligibility – Federal skilled workers

So no need to wait a year to apply under CEC if you meet the criteria outlined in the link and can get a permanent job offer in writing from your employer.

Please start your own thread in the immi section with any further questions about FSW cat 2, rather than hijacking this one, thanks.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 2:10 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, thanks. Yes, FSW2 is what I'm wondering Bout, but I've looked at the CIC website and don't see how I could do this from inside Canada but maybe it's just my circumstances.

I'm on an open temp work permit granted in conjunction with my husband's study permit that runs out at the end of 2015. I have a permanent job and have done since the beginning of December 2013, which is why I was thinking CEC, but it seems from here that people can do FSW2 if they already have a job in Canada?
If your working and your employer is willing to keep you on permanently then you can try the FSW2 route, bear in mind with CEC you need at least 12 months Canadian work Experince and if you only started in December you wouldn't have that unless you have worked in Canada before.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

gizmo59 is an unknown quantity at this point

Christmasoompa, my intention was not to 'hijack' this thread, I was asking a question about something that had already been discussed by several other posters.

Mikeypm, thanks, I had looked at the CIC site already but couldn't work out how I could use it. I won't ask any more here though, as clearly I've stepped out of line.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 2:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Christmasoompa, my intention was not to 'hijack' this thread, I was asking a question about something that had already been discussed by several other posters.

Mikeypm, thanks, I had looked at the CIC site already but couldn't work out how I could use it. I won't ask any more here though, as clearly I've stepped out of line.
There's no need to be so oversensitive, I'm simply asking that you start your own thread with your own questions on it, as per the forum guidelines. This is mainly for your own benefit, as people aren't likely to see your visa questions on an old thread in the Canniversary section!

I'm not sure what info you can't find on the CIC website, but do feel free to start your own thread in the immi section (where any visa questions should be put), and you'll get the info you need there.

HTH.