1 Year wow!

Old May 16th 2014, 3:39 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default Re: 1 Year wow!

Originally Posted by scootb
In 2 weeks my family and I will have been here for a whole year,wow it has flown by.
I can't complain about anything,not even the winter which was nowhere near as bad as everyone makes it out to be,maybe coming from cold,damp,Scotland I expected much worse when English and Canadians moan about the winter months,I think I wore thermal undies for one day over the winter lol.

I am preparing to send off my application for residency atm as in 2 weeks time I can apply.

We have been living life much better than we ever did back in the UK,been able to afford to do things that we just couldn't back home,and made some AMAZING friends over here Canadian,English,and Irish.

I have taught my other half,and my 9 year old daughter how to shoot,and firearms safety(which the school was impressed with,education is better than ignorance!!!)

I have nothing but positive experiences since coming here,the missus says that I always have a smile on my face since coming to Canada whereas back in the UK I was getting seriously depressed,and bored.
The kids LOVE life over here,my 9 year old daughter is even expressing an interest in taking up ice hockey at school which I will thoroughly encourage along with the music lessons that she has been doing at school.
My 5 year old daughter will be 6 this week and has been praised loads by her kindergarten teacher(they love her lol),and my 7 year old daughter has come out of her shell so much since arriving here.

I know that many people have negative experiences coming to Canada,maybe they expect too much?
Coming here was the best thing that I have done in my life(so far),and I really feel that if I can come here with a family of 5 and make things work positively then just about anyone can!

I started here with $3500 in my pocket,never had a house in the UK to sell or rent for funds,and am the sole earner in my family,so things can work out if you work at it.

I would like to thank the people on this forum who gave me good advice,and to anyone who starts to get that wee niggle of giving up,don't! Keep on trooping guys n gals!!!!
Exactly how I feel, don't miss the UK at all, living the dream Good luck with the PR application, should be a breeze (But will be a little frustrating and time consuming as you probably already know) My daughter is 7, been at school for 8 months and has a Canadian accent already....eh!!!!

Best Regards

Drew
Old May 16th 2014, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Drew,my oldest daughter is 9 now and has a Canadian accent most of the time lol,the other 2 daughters still have thin Scots accents though.
Old May 16th 2014, 9:12 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Thanks Drew,my oldest daughter is 9 now and has a Canadian accent most of the time lol,the other 2 daughters still have thin Scots accents though.
I am the only scot in my family, wife nd kids all English. My son is 9, says a few Canadian words, compurer, reeeelly, hockeey, won't be long until they both loose their identity. Well it's nearly time for happy hour on the sunny deck here in MB, have a food may long weekend, it's time to get our garage sorted out, still a number of whites boxes to unpack!!!

All the very best

Drew
Old May 17th 2014, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Im working all weekend,overtime
Old May 26th 2014, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just seen that my CC was charged today
Old May 26th 2014, 11:49 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen that my CC was charged today
Congrats
Old Jun 13th 2014, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Got my AOR on Wed there
Old Jun 15th 2014, 12:19 am

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Got my AOR on Wed there
Congrats
Old Jun 21st 2014, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

One of my workmates just done his medicals on Friday there,he also got an email last week to make the final payment for residency,all within 8 months!
Hoping that mine goes along as fast,would be ideal to flagpole while my work is closed over the xmas period,can only keep my fingers crossed lol.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 2:05 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

One of my workmates just done his medicals on Friday there,he also got an email last week to make the final payment for residency,all within 8 months!
Hoping that mine goes along as fast,would be ideal to flagpole while my work is closed over the xmas period,can only keep my fingers crossed lol.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 2:11 am
Just Joined

gizmo59 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad I found this thread! We came over nearly a year ago, with my husband getting a student visa, as we were ready to submit our FSW application in July 20-2 when they changed the criteria and took nurses off the list.

I got a job in December last year and have been patiently waiting to submit a CEC application. It sounds from this thread that I might be able to submit under FSW class? My occupation isn't on the list, so how does this work?

Thanks!
Old Aug 19th 2014, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by gizmo59
I'm glad I found this thread! We came over nearly a year ago, with my husband getting a student visa, as we were ready to submit our FSW application in July 20-2 when they changed the criteria and took nurses off the list.

I got a job in December last year and have been patiently waiting to submit a CEC application. It sounds from this thread that I might be able to submit under FSW class? My occupation isn't on the list, so how does this work?

Thanks!
FSW class?, do you mean FSW2 or CEC (Canadian Experince class)?
Old Aug 19th 2014, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Hi Mikeypm

I'm not sure what you mean - I was planning on submitting my application under CEC but folk in this thread are talking about submitting as FSW - I'm not sure what FSW2 is?
Old Aug 19th 2014, 1:38 pm

FSW1 is without a job and you have one of the listed 50 occupations, FSW2 is when you have arranged employment and FSW3 is the PHD stream
Old Aug 19th 2014, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Ah, thanks. Yes, FSW2 is what I'm wondering Bout, but I've looked at the CIC website and don't see how I could do this from inside Canada but maybe it's just my circumstances.

I'm on an open temp work permit granted in conjunction with my husband's study permit that runs out at the end of 2015. I have a permanent job and have done since the beginning of December 2013, which is why I was thinking CEC, but it seems from here that people can do FSW2 if they already have a job in Canada?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.