1 Year wow!

Old Apr 6th 2014, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1 Year wow!

In 2 weeks my family and I will have been here for a whole year,wow it has flown by.
I can't complain about anything,not even the winter which was nowhere near as bad as everyone makes it out to be,maybe coming from cold,damp,Scotland I expected much worse when English and Canadians moan about the winter months,I think I wore thermal undies for one day over the winter lol.

I am preparing to send off my application for residency atm as in 2 weeks time I can apply.

We have been living life much better than we ever did back in the UK,been able to afford to do things that we just couldn't back home,and made some AMAZING friends over here Canadian,English,and Irish.

I have taught my other half,and my 9 year old daughter how to shoot,and firearms safety(which the school was impressed with,education is better than ignorance!!!)

I have nothing but positive experiences since coming here,the missus says that I always have a smile on my face since coming to Canada whereas back in the UK I was getting seriously depressed,and bored.
The kids LOVE life over here,my 9 year old daughter is even expressing an interest in taking up ice hockey at school which I will thoroughly encourage along with the music lessons that she has been doing at school.
My 5 year old daughter will be 6 this week and has been praised loads by her kindergarten teacher(they love her lol),and my 7 year old daughter has come out of her shell so much since arriving here.

I know that many people have negative experiences coming to Canada,maybe they expect too much?
Coming here was the best thing that I have done in my life(so far),and I really feel that if I can come here with a family of 5 and make things work positively then just about anyone can!

I started here with $3500 in my pocket,never had a house in the UK to sell or rent for funds,and am the sole earner in my family,so things can work out if you work at it.

I would like to thank the people on this forum who gave me good advice,and to anyone who starts to get that wee niggle of giving up,don't! Keep on trooping guys n gals!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2014, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 Year wow!

Originally Posted by scootb
In 2 weeks my family and I will have been here for a whole year,wow it has flown by.
I can't complain about anything,not even the winter which was nowhere near as bad as everyone makes it out to be,maybe coming from cold,damp,Scotland I expected much worse when English and Canadians moan about the winter months,I think I wore thermal undies for one day over the winter lol.

I am preparing to send off my application for residency atm as in 2 weeks time I can apply.

We have been living life much better than we ever did back in the UK,been able to afford to do things that we just couldn't back home,and made some AMAZING friends over here Canadian,English,and Irish.

I have taught my other half,and my 9 year old daughter how to shoot,and firearms safety(which the school was impressed with,education is better than ignorance!!!)

I have nothing but positive experiences since coming here,the missus says that I always have a smile on my face since coming to Canada whereas back in the UK I was getting seriously depressed,and bored.
The kids LOVE life over here,my 9 year old daughter is even expressing an interest in taking up ice hockey at school which I will thoroughly encourage along with the music lessons that she has been doing at school.
My 5 year old daughter will be 6 this week and has been praised loads by her kindergarten teacher(they love her lol),and my 7 year old daughter has come out of her shell so much since arriving here.

I know that many people have negative experiences coming to Canada,maybe they expect too much?
Coming here was the best thing that I have done in my life(so far),and I really feel that if I can come here with a family of 5 and make things work positively then just about anyone can!

I started here with $3500 in my pocket,never had a house in the UK to sell or rent for funds,and am the sole earner in my family,so things can work out if you work at it.

I would like to thank the people on this forum who gave me good advice,and to anyone who starts to get that wee niggle of giving up,don't! Keep on trooping guys n gals!!!!
Wow, a year already? Congratulations... So lovely to hear that everything is going well.
Here's to another year of bliss...
Old Apr 7th 2014, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much!
Hoping that the application for residency goes well,and that the next year flies in as fast as the first.
I know that things will be easier this year as I've bought the car,furniture,pots,pans,dishes,etc..etc.. lol.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 7:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, hope life in Canada continues to treat you well.

One question though, why can you only apply for PR in 2 weeks time, that seems odd??
Old Apr 7th 2014, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

I need to have worked here for a year before I can apply via Canadian Experience class,then I need to work for my employer for another year while the application is processed before the leash is off.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 8:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I need to have worked here for a year before I can apply via Canadian Experience class,then I need to work for my employer for another year while the application is processed before the leash is off.
Nope, still confused! If your job is skilled them why didn't you just apply for PR as FSW or under AINP as soon as you started working on your TWP?

And just FYI, but you don't have to work for your employer for another year - there's no requirement to keep working for them for CEC and a BOWP may well be an option depending on when your TWP expires?
Old Apr 8th 2014, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Blossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.... I wish you all the best.

It strike's me that you are just the sort of person with the spirit necessary to make it. Stick with it and I can pretty much guarantee you that you'll do well compared to where you would have been if you'd stay in the UK... good luck to you my friend.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you Blossom!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp

Clearly says must have 12months Canadian experience to apply,everyone that I work with(Irish,Polish,and a Scouser) that are applying for residency are doing it the same way.

My TWP expires in April next year.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 1:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp

Clearly says must have 12months Canadian experience to apply,everyone that I work with(Irish,Polish,and a Scouser) that are applying for residency are doing it the same way.

My TWP expires in April next year.
That's quite right, you can't apply for the CEC until you've done the full year, but my question was why you've waited and applied for CEC instead of applying as soon as you started working in Canada via another visa route such as FSW?

Not to worry though, I was just intrigued as it's an unusual choice for somebody that has loved being in Canada from the start, most want PR asap rather than having to wait. But your call obviously, I just wondered the reasons behind it as I'm a nosy bugger sometimes!
Old Apr 9th 2014, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

No probs,the work I do is an optional certified trade here in Canada,back in the UK it is not a recognised trade though,hence why I have chosen this route.
Even with the skill cap of 200 since Nov 2013 only 9 have applied so I should be good(fingers crossed).
Old Apr 9th 2014, 10:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

No probs,the work I do is an optional certified trade here in Canada,back in the UK it is not a recognised trade though,hence why I have chosen this route.
Even with the skill cap of 200 since Nov 2013 only 9 have applied so I should be good(fingers crossed).
I'm sure you'll be fine within the cap, 11 according to my current count, but still well under! And well under the overall cap too.

Just FYI though, you could have applied under FSW or PNP even if your job isn't a recognised trade in the UK. Might be worth mentioning to any of your colleagues, so that they don't wait for a year unnecessarily if they want to get PR sooner.

Good luck with it, fingers crossed it goes quickly and smoothly for you.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks!
Loving the weather even though I'm on nightshift for the next couple of months at least lol.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what a wonderful thread and go scootb! With very best wishes And Congratulations
Old Apr 10th 2014, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That's quite right, you can't apply for the CEC until you've done the full year, but my question was why you've waited and applied for CEC instead of applying as soon as you started working in Canada via another visa route such as FSW?

Not to worry though, I was just intrigued as it's an unusual choice for somebody that has loved being in Canada from the start, most want PR asap rather than having to wait. But your call obviously, I just wondered the reasons behind it as I'm a nosy bugger sometimes!
Maybe because the employer needs to support this and some employers aren't willing to?
Old Apr 10th 2014, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.