Old May 26th 2010, 12:13 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1 year in Canada

Originally Posted by terese677
yes that says exactly how it feels for me and thinking of my dad

Aww
Old May 26th 2010, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Well done for sticking with it, it must be hard leaving kids behind ( that bit i am not looking forward to ) also the grandchildren
At least one of ours will be coming with us maybe even 2
Good luck with the next year, Hope you feel a little more settled and enjoy the summer
Old Jun 19th 2010, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
On saturday it was one year to the day that we arrived in Canada. What an emotional year it has been. Last Friday I was reflecting back on this time last year, on the day before we left I spent the afternoon with my Mum, drinking tea, eating cake and talking about me moving to Canada. This year I dont have my Mum, she passed away in January, I never saw that coming at all. I feel sad that she never got to see my home in Canada.

So, I have done a year here, some days I never thought I would survive, and I think the only reason I do survive is because I know it wont be long term. The idea being that when my husband bought into his company - the reason we made the move here - it would be a good retirement plan, we thought 10 years tops and then we can move on, and retire some where in Europe. Now we think we will be able to retire a bit sooner than that.

I miss my grown up kids and grandchildren, I think its easier if you are coming over here and bringing your kids with you. But for me its web cams and trips home every 3 months.

I dont dislike my life here, and I suppose knowing that it isnt forever also stops me to a degree, fully settling here, I am sure any psychologist on here would have an opinion on that.

I think life here for children is great, it reminds me of how it used to be years ago in the UK, kids here seem to be kids for a lot longer, I watch them come home from school, go off with a group of mates to play golf or hockey or something, they play in the street, they have a freedom that kids in the UK dont have anymore.

I can honestly say that I dont miss any foods or anything like that from the UK, never understand those who fill their container or suitcases with T bags ect, there are lots of new things here to try. Plus you can get english type tea in the supermarkets. OK I am a liar I do miss back bacon and proper sausage, so get my fill when I go back. TV here is rubbish, some programmes are that bad, that they are good, if you know what I mean. Having said that about TV, The Bachelorette is staring on Monday so looking forward to that. Having such bad TV here just makes you do other things rather than be glued to the box, so thats a good thing, right?

I have also learned to speak 2 languages English & Canadian! I just need to use them in the right country

So, one year down and 9 more to go, it may be less, who knows.
Hey Jacqui

Congratulations!! Glad to hear everything is going well and you are feeling more settled! We really need to organise our get together - we should try for Sept once all the summer guests are gone!

Take care!

Michelle