1 Year !!

Old May 7th 2013, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

chrissyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1 Year !!

Hey,

So its our 1 year anniversary, what a whirlwind!

We found a rental in the suburbs, love the area , love the house. Unfortunately we could not afford to live here. My Fiance is on a good wage but property in Vancouver is expensive and for what you get depressing. We could buy a town house but it is not what we want and we could move further out but we didn't emigrate to Canada to be house poor and in a area we don't want to be! So we will be looking at moving somewhere else in BC in the future.

I have started my own Meetup mums group and have met some great people. I met a "surrogate mother and father" out on a dog walk who have welcomed us into their family and we treat them as our Canadian parents! They also look after our toddler on the odd days. Finding friends is hard and it is like "dating" but when you meet good ones its worth it! I have around 4 really good friends which is great after 1 year.

Car insurance (expensive, my fiance only got 3 yrs accepted as company car not accepted) does mean we can only have the one car. Leaving me carless during the day, this isnt ideal but again another reason for moving and having more money in the bank to afford a 2nd car.

I am not working currently, we don't feel comfortable putting our son in Child care in a country we don't really know just yet and our friends all work.Child care would also take a huge chunk our of my wage and it all wouldn't work with one vehicle. I do long to work and have a few days of independence but this is the sacrifice you make being away from family.

Weather has been great, yes rainy but the summer has been alot better than the U.K.

Currently going through PR through the PNP route and are awaiting our medicals. Hopefully it all goes smoothly.

I visited the U.K back in Feb. Did not pull me back and I only miss family and old friends. It has only been a year so I may still be in holiday mode but I cant ever see myself wanting my old life back. Fiance is the same and doesn't even want to holiday back in the U.K.

My fiance enjoys his job (diesel mechanic) and the company have a lot of perks. He is appreciated alot more than he was in the U.K and they seem to appreciate their staff laying on BBQS etc. His old boss expected everything but wanted to give nothing so it has restored his faith in the workplace!

Think thats about it for now!

Old May 7th 2013, 7:17 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 Year !!

Congrats on your 1st year and it sounds like your not letting the cons out weigh the pros. Hope you have many more canniversarys
Old May 7th 2013, 8:51 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 Year !!

Thanks for the update. Glad to see that you are making progress settling in.