Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

1 year at 2pm on the 7th of June. And still smiling!

1 year at 2pm on the 7th of June. And still smiling!

Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:33 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1 year at 2pm on the 7th of June. And still smiling!

Happy 1st Canniversary

Here's to many more

gill and family
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

ptomlin01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your post made me very emotional as I am just about to leave England with my children for Canada.. You touched on everything that has been going through my mind and gave me lots more to think about.. It was fantastic to read
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Great post Mrs M, I am glad that you took the time to post it. You've been through a lot this year and come up smiling, well done. Only two more years and you will be finished college, time will fly by.

Old Jun 8th 2008, 1:23 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

nice one, it appears there are quite a few of us with one year anniversarys at this time of year, mine is on the 22nd, so we'll have to keep this up. all the best.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 1:33 am

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Mrs Miggins youv'e had one heck of year and come out the other end smiling so you have definately done good. Be proud of yerself dude.

On the 5 th it was our 3 year Canniversary, all I can say is time flies and we are happy living in Lethbridge.

xx mrs minihaha
Old Jun 8th 2008, 2:06 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Mrs M Really wish you and your fam the best for the future.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of
Default Re: It's a year today........and the Miggins are still smiling :)

[Personally……………………It’s been a success. An absoloute roaring success, no doubt about it. But it took work, and most of that was personal, hard and challenging for us individually and as a family.

Great Post Mrs M

Great read ,
happy first canniversary and heres to many more

Last edited by Eastbound; Jun 8th 2008 at 2:58 am.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 5:23 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and Mr Miggins went for a night out with a meal and a few beers last night, it had been raining that bad he had to give me firemans lift as I was bogging down in the grass verge !

But we had a great day, and a lovely evening. To celebrate the day we bought a family present (we did discuss a dog but knew the cat would be likely to kill it - he's a siamease with attitude!) so settled on a Wii!!!!!!!! How much fun are they??? I love it!

So now off to clean up, and play some more - and it's all about the kids of course!

Hope you all have a had a great weekend and I am really pleased that so many of you enjoyed our canniversary post.

Take care
Mrs M xxx

Last edited by Mrs Miggins; Jun 8th 2008 at 5:31 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 5:55 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's a year today........and the Miggins are still smiling :)

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
... you have to be prepared to change personally if you want Canada to change your life, otherwise you are just packing up your crap and taking it with you. Immigration is not for the faint hearted, those who are unable to reflect and take responsibility for their own happiness and well being or for those who are steadfast in their opinions or attitudes to others. I have found immigration to be about acceptance, of yourself, your capabilities, your new culture ...
So true.

... I have learnt that I have to be myself and people warm to me, be anything other than real, human and vulnerable and people can spot it a mile off and smell a fake, so for the first time ever I have learnt to be myself, like myself, and be happy to be me.
Fantastic.

Great stuff Mrs M.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: 1 year at 2pm on the 7th of June. And still smiling!

Fab post mrs m, glad you came through it in the end heres to your next canniversay xx