1 Week Today lol

Old Mar 5th 2012, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

fireranger4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1 Week Today lol

Well iv'e only been here a week but what a journey so far

When we left the UK last week in was a cushy 12-15 degrees t-shirt weather some might say

when we landed in Edmonton the following night at midnight it was a frosty -20 below

in our first week we have met a load of wonderful people who couldn't have done more to be friendly and point us in the right direction

it hasnt been as much of a challenge as i thought it might be and everything we have done has always worked out well in our favour

in the first week we where able to open bank account's, get a SIN number, register with the alberta health care and also find a lovely house to rent for a resonable price without no problem's, being new to alberta this was kind of shocking to me (when we opened bank accounts in uk it was a nightmare from proving address's to proving credit history and all the forms of id address's etc we had to bring)

i know its only a week so far but in that time its been a blast and i hope to be able to write here in 6months even 5 years still saying how wonderful the place has been to me

thanks
Old Mar 5th 2012, 5:37 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 Week Today lol

Nice post and much Good Luck in your future life.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 5:37 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fireranger4
Well iv'e only been here a week but what a journey so far

When we left the UK last week in was a cushy 12-15 degrees t-shirt weather some might say

when we landed in Edmonton the following night at midnight it was a frosty -20 below

in our first week we have met a load of wonderful people who couldn't have done more to be friendly and point us in the right direction

it hasnt been as much of a challenge as i thought it might be and everything we have done has always worked out well in our favour

in the first week we where able to open bank account's, get a SIN number, register with the alberta health care and also find a lovely house to rent for a resonable price without no problem's, being new to alberta this was kind of shocking to me (when we opened bank accounts in uk it was a nightmare from proving address's to proving credit history and all the forms of id address's etc we had to bring)

i know its only a week so far but in that time its been a blast and i hope to be able to write here in 6months even 5 years still saying how wonderful the place has been to me

thanks
Hi fireranger4,

So glad to hear its going well in your first week and you're enjoying it

We're on the verge of booking our one-way flights in Sept and we'll also be there in 8 weeks having a trip for 22 days! (Thompson/Okanagan region, BC)

Hope to hear more about how it's going and all the best!

Katie
Old Mar 5th 2012, 6:51 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

I hope everything continues to go well for you. Good luck.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 7:12 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Early days indeed but glad to hear its all going well! Hope you continue to enjoy it!
Old Mar 5th 2012, 7:52 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Glad to hear you have enjoyed your first week
-20, hey that's tropical for Edmonton. Have you had your first BBQ yet?
Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys, and a lot of the help i got was on this web site so thanks to all the guys/gals who where kind enough to take time to respond to my noobish mails at times

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Glad to hear you have enjoyed your first week
-20, hey that's tropical for Edmonton. Have you had your first BBQ yet?
1st of april we get keys for new house, my wife then lands on the 12th of april so sat the 14th of april shall be our first BBQ lol

on that note, where can i get the biggest rack of ribs to buy lol
Old Mar 6th 2012, 2:23 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, and a lot of the help i got was on this web site so thanks to all the guys/gals who where kind enough to take time to respond to my noobish mails at times

1st of april we get keys for new house, my wife then lands on the 12th of april so sat the 14th of april shall be our first BBQ lol

on that note, where can i get the biggest rack of ribs to buy lol
It's Alberta - just hack down a passing cow, throw it onto your truck flatbed next to your gun rack and you are sorted!

Joking aside, well done and enjoy!
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

2 months im here now lol

really so fast and the place is amazing....where in the world would you get it, im off for a day trip to jasper as we speak

so fantastic lol
Old Apr 17th 2012, 4:07 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

2 months im here now lol

really so fast and the place is amazing....where in the world would you get it, im off for a day trip to jasper as we speak

so fantastic lol
Ever thought of applying for a job on the Edmonton tourist board?