Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

1 Down Hopefully Loads to Go!!!!!!!!

1 Down Hopefully Loads to Go!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:20 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1 Down Hopefully Loads to Go!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
Education is never a waste - by the way I am not retraining, I'll be graduating this summer as an addictions counselor, I am currently a qualified teacher...............big difference between the two
m...did i say that you were re-training

i have found out that if i go down the road as my old uk job before pr, i will have to re-train
as the goverment will sponsor OH in and will take 8mths, i may as well wait and do the job in 8mths, hence why i said that to loz as well
she has also found the same info out, she will be able to do her job once pr, otherwise it would be back to school :curse:

School is a waste of time if you are only doing the same thing that you did in the uk, i may as well have a 8mth holiday and then work when i get the pr next year
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:38 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

School is a waste of time if you are only doing the same thing that you did in the uk, i may as well have a 8mth holiday and then work when i get the pr next year [/QUOTE]

I quite agree with you there, the old program at the college was very similar to some of my previous training, that's why I was so pleased to be accepted by McMaster University!!!

Enjoy your holiday! Great weather for it

Mrs M x
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:42 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

I quite agree with you there, the old program at the college was very similar to some of my previous training, that's why I was so pleased to be accepted by McMaster University!!!

Enjoy your holiday! Great weather for it

Defo....now that i have just got the ski passes...free
and our free ice skating lessons

I love the winter, just wish it would snow harder......plus summer will be great house hunting...yeahhhhhh

who needs to work ehhhhhh
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:48 am

yay for you guys!!!!

Mr Miggins does the Heli skiing for Revelstoke.......so same for us!

I just find that work keeps my mind stimulated....it will turn to jelly otherwise

I have had lots of fun with your responses this afternoon, you have given me a good giggle,

take care ladies,
More studying to do
Mrs M x

Last edited by Mrs Miggins; Nov 20th 2008 at 12:57 am.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
yay for you guys!!!!

Mr Miggins does the Heli skiing for Revelstoke.......so same for us!

I just find that work keeps my mind stimulated....it will turn to jelly otherwise

I have lots of fun with your responses this afternoon, you have given me a good giggle,

take care ladies,
More studying to do
Mrs M x
work...what work??

i have had fun, but we have friends coming, i think they will keep my mind full for the 8mths
plus sorting out the future business
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:56 am

Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:57 am

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 1 Down Hopefully Loads to Go!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Have found this directly from CIC website - should clear the matter up for you guys

and I quote :
For your spouse to apply for a work permit without an LMO, you must meet the following conditions:

You must be authorized to work in Canada for six months or longer.
The work you are doing must meet a minimum skill level (usually work that would require at least a college diploma). Specifically, your job must be listed in Skill Level O, A or B in the National Occupational Classification.
If you meet these two requirements, your spouse may apply for a work permit that is “open” and that will allow her or him to accept any job with any employer. Your spouse’s permit will be valid for the same period as your authorization to work in Canada.

- It also states that conditions could very well be put onto a TWP for someone working in agriculture from "certain areas".

Can now rest assured that the job that I have seen in Food and Beverage Management is still mine to apply for on my SOWP
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Have found this directly from CIC website - should clear the matter up for you guys

and I quote :
For your spouse to apply for a work permit without an LMO, you must meet the following conditions:

You must be authorized to work in Canada for six months or longer.
The work you are doing must meet a minimum skill level (usually work that would require at least a college diploma). Specifically, your job must be listed in Skill Level O, A or B in the National Occupational Classification.
If you meet these two requirements, your spouse may apply for a work permit that is “open” and that will allow her or him to accept any job with any employer. Your spouse’s permit will be valid for the same period as your authorization to work in Canada.

- It also states that conditions could very well be put onto a TWP for someone working in agriculture from "certain areas".

Can now rest assured that the job that I have seen in Food and Beverage Management is still mine to apply for on my SOWP
yeah you will be fine with management job, but as i can only work evenings around OH then it would mean a poor server job for me, that is what i can't do....

you know OH is in those skills, that is why i got the open permit, but its not as open as they make you believe, but hey was looking into the business side of things and i cant start it on my open permit, so thats an idea for the new year.

i have decided with everything that is going on, that it will be new year before i look at the job side of stuff, but i wish they wouldnt call it open permit, because its not and if i wanted to goto apprentaship i cant
but i know there is away around it as someone we know employs apprentices....so many ask them how they do it

Good luck with the job gay, once they have grown up i may consider full time
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moondevil
yeah you will be fine with management job, but as i can only work evenings around OH then it would mean a poor server job for me, that is what i can't do....

you know OH is in those skills, that is why i got the open permit, but its not as open as they make you believe, but hey was looking into the business side of things and i cant start it on my open permit, so thats an idea for the new year.

i have decided with everything that is going on, that it will be new year before i look at the job side of stuff, but i wish they wouldnt call it open permit, because its not and if i wanted to goto apprentaship i cant
but i know there is away around it as someone we know employs apprentices....so many ask them how they do it

Good luck with the job gay, once they have grown up i may consider full time

Well then the CIC website must have gotten it wrong then - typical eh !
Old Nov 21st 2008, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply

Many thanks for all the help and advice. I will contact SAIT and the AAIT today if possible and will let you all know.

Because I'm starting as a apprentice, I have to leave work and study at SAIT full time for the maximum of 8 weeks. Then go back to where I was working and continue with the following years apprenticeship.

Anyway will look into it and see what they say. I need about 12 months on the job experience, before I can apply for a place on the course and actually go to collage (SAIT), but first I have to be working on the job for three months before I can even sit a entrance exam, so I have been advice that it will be around the 12 month mark before starting at SAIT, so hopefully we will have applied and received our PR, then there wont be any issue????

Thanks again me dears,
Regards,
Carl