British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada Jobs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-jobs-160/)
-   -   Global Talent Stream - we have IT vacancies (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-jobs-160/global-talent-stream-we-have-vacancies-899238/)

Grunff Jul 7th 2017 8:35 pm

Global Talent Stream - we have IT vacancies

We have a number of vacancies in Atlantic Canada that we are having a hard time filling. They are mainly in Java, .NET, Front End (Angular, React), SQL Server, Hadoop, QA), at various skill levels.

My company is participating in the Global Talent Stream program, which enables candidates to be granted a 2 year closed visa in as little as 2 weeks (references here and here).

If you have one or more of these skills, and are interested in applying, please message me.

I hope forum rules allow this post - I can't see anything to indicate that they do not. If not, apologies.

christmasoompa Jul 8th 2017 9:53 am

Re: Global Talent Stream - we have IT vacancies

Originally Posted by Grunff (Post 12289316)
I hope forum rules allow this post - I can't see anything to indicate that they do not. If not, apologies.

Not a problem at all, if you can just give details of the company you are recruiting for that would be great - so that people can research it and we know it's a legitimate company,

Thank you and good luck, hope you can find people.

Grunff Jul 8th 2017 6:05 pm

Sure, the company is CGI, Canada's largest IT consulting company.

KenA Jul 8th 2017 10:49 pm

I have most of these skills, how to apply?

Grunff Jul 8th 2017 10:53 pm

Hi Ken,

You can either email me your CV (I will DM you my email), or apply online here.

christmasoompa Jul 9th 2017 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Grunff (Post 12289766)
Sure, the company is CGI, Canada's largest IT consulting company.

Perfect, thank you.

Tino123 Jul 17th 2017 12:20 pm

Good day,

I have some of these skills and am interested in applying. I would like more information on how to apply.

christmasoompa Jul 18th 2017 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Tino123 (Post 12296142)
Good day,

I have some of these skills and am interested in applying. I would like more information on how to apply.

See above - the OP has given a link for applying in post no. 5.

HTH, good luck.

neilgvirgo Oct 7th 2017 11:31 am

HI Grunff

Dou you know of any requirments for Network Engineers or any companies involved in the global talent stream? I am a network engineer looking to relocate from the UK to Canada and can't seem to make any progression.
many thanks

Grunff Oct 7th 2017 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by neilgvirgo (Post 12355730)
HI Grunff

Dou you know of any requirments for Network Engineers or any companies involved in the global talent stream? I am a network engineer looking to relocate from the UK to Canada and can't seem to make any progression.
many thanks

Looking through the openings we currently have (443 of them) there are a handful on the network side, but they are not being put through the GTS program.

I would keep searching and applying; if you have good experience, you will find something.

One tip I can give you is to look outside the metro zones - provinces like NS, NB and PEI have a much harder time filling vacancies, so you will be competing with fewer applicants.

Good luck.

basil_spinone Jan 9th 2018 8:36 pm

Hi @grunff

I realise I'm a bit late to the party, but do you still have vacancies on the global talent stream?

I've looked on the CGI website and there are quite a few roles I would be interested to apply for.

Thanks

Grunff Jan 9th 2018 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by basil_spinone (Post 12414972)
Hi @grunff

I realise I'm a bit late to the party, but do you still have vacancies on the global talent stream?

I've looked on the CGI website and there are quite a few roles I would be interested to apply for.

Thanks

We do still have vacancies. PM sent.

johnjkjk Jan 16th 2018 3:21 pm

@ grunff

Hi, do you have any vacancies for product development managers or project managers? I already have PR and am temporarily in Toronto- looking to live in an Atlantic province.