British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada Jobs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-jobs-160/)
-   -   Construction Work in Canada! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-jobs-160/construction-work-canada-569856/)

mike555 Oct 28th 2008 4:51 pm

Construction Work in Canada!

We have several different types of jobs available in the province of Manitoba and Alberta, Canada. Mainly in the construction industry. Please post a reply below for more information.

-Carpenter
-Brick Layer
-Flooring Installer
-Roofer
-Welder
-Drywall/Plasterer
-Cabinet Maker
-Forklift Operator
-CNC Operator
And more.......

susanmj Nov 3rd 2008 8:16 am

Re: Construction Work in Canada!

hi my other haof is looking for work
but we are in the uk at the mo
or are you just looking for people in oz already ?
can send you his cv
thank you

susanmj Nov 3rd 2008 8:31 am

hi there do you have a email addy ?

susanmj Nov 3rd 2008 2:23 pm

sorry ment canada lol :D

mike555 Nov 3rd 2008 7:42 pm

No worries. I sent you a PM with my email address. If you did not receive it, i can be reached at [email protected]

redarmy990 Nov 3rd 2008 9:06 pm

hi mike 555 i am a carpenter living in the uk.i went to work for a construction company in calgary on a temp work permit but had t o return home as my wife was involved in a serious car accident she is now back to full fitness and i was wanting to return but not to calgary as the job i had is no longer available please can you help many thanks dean h

CassienJames Nov 7th 2008 2:45 pm

hi mike! i am a plasterer currently working for myself in the uk, would like some information on work in alberta.
many thanks
james

smoggy 88 Nov 13th 2008 9:13 am

Originally Posted by mike555 (Post 6918598)
We have several different types of jobs available in the province of Manitoba and Alberta, Canada. Mainly in the construction industry. Please post a reply below for more information.

-Carpenter
-Brick Layer
-Flooring Installer
-Roofer
-Welder
-Drywall/Plasterer
-Cabinet Maker
-Forklift Operator
-CNC Operator
And more.......

Hi Mike , I am a time served carpenter who has just recived my visa to live in NZ but would like to work for a while in canada , what's the script ? any advise would be greatly apprieciated

thanks smoggy 88

lee1lionel Nov 15th 2008 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by mike555 (Post 6936703)
No worries. I sent you a PM with my email address. If you did not receive it, i can be reached at [email protected]

I am new to this forum but anyway I sent my resume to you are the job opportunities still available. I am an Industrial electrician with 7 years experience and i am seeking a job opportunity in Bc, Manitoba or Alberta as an electrician.
Hope to hear from you.
Leon

dermotoshea Nov 18th 2008 3:35 pm

Hi I am an Irishman livin in uk but am interested in movin to canada.I am a drywall fixer with 8 years experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.My email adress is [email protected]

john g Jan 8th 2009 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by mike555 (Post 6918598)

-Carpenter
-Brick Layer
-Flooring Installer
-Roofer
-Welder
-Drywall/Plasterer
-Cabinet Maker
-Forklift Operator
-CNC Operator
And more.......

hi mike i am looking for steelfixing/rodbuster work.i have a freind already working in alberta for lower mainland steel.could have gone out there myself but had commitments.

concretehead73 Jan 10th 2009 1:25 pm

HI ,

I am a carpenter with a a lot of experience in formwork. Is there a lot of possibilities for this trade at the moment?

john g Jan 11th 2009 5:29 pm

my mate is working for lms in vancouver,he says the work has dropped off since the american banking crisis,

fordhjn Jan 12th 2009 7:58 pm

hello mike i am intrested in working in canada i am a roofer/cladder any info would be appriciated thanks

dave mac Jan 12th 2009 10:12 pm

hi mike
is there any work there for 360 machine drivers i am in portugal at the present time 20 years of groundworks