Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers > Canada Jobs
Reload this Page >

Anyone looking for work in Vancouver?

Anyone looking for work in Vancouver?

Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

patch72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone looking for work in Vancouver?

pm sent
Old Apr 10th 2007, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Rupert W will become famous soon enoughRupert W will become famous soon enough

Thanks. I can't see it so maybe it didn't send correctly. Please resend.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

simeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rupert W
I thought I'd try this forum to see if I can find a win-win for someone coming to the Lower Mainland area.

FYI I landed in Feb this year with a heavily pregnant wife, no house, no job and 4 friends to call on. By May we had a home, a baby, a job and a network. I know what it's like to be scared of your own dreams and want to make the leap a little easier for someone (hopefully plural).

We are looking for people in a variety of roles from warehouse, warehouse management, bindery, printer operator, graphics and account management. We are the biggest in our sector in Canada with annual revenues over $400M and we are trying all avenues to find good people to fuel our growth. Most of the jobs will start as temp but there's the desire to turn them permanent asap if there's a good fit.

This is delibaratly generic because most of the jobs we have can be learned on the job. The selection criteria are really 90% attitude and 10% aptitude. If you or your partner/child are landing in the Vancouver area and want a job to see you get on your feet pretty quickly then maybe we have a win-win going.

I'll be really interested to see what the response is to this so I'll wait with baited breath.

Regards all

Rupert
hi
i am an english bricklayer and will to come from 29/4/07, do you know of any vacancies
thanks Simeon
Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

lauraG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i'm irish and tax qualified. I have also got 2 - 3 accounts experience behind me. What would my job prospects be like?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauraG
Hi, i'm irish and tax qualified. I have also got 2 - 3 accounts experience behind me. What would my job prospects be like?
Hi lauraG,
There are people on the Canadian forum who could answer
your questions.You could start a new thread there.
Yoong
Old May 31st 2007, 7:32 am
Just Joined

mk78 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought I'd try this forum to see if I can find a win-win for someone coming to the Lower Mainland area.

FYI I landed in Feb this year with a heavily pregnant wife, no house, no job and 4 friends to call on. By May we had a home, a baby, a job and a network. I know what it's like to be scared of your own dreams and want to make the leap a little easier for someone (hopefully plural).

We are looking for people in a variety of roles from warehouse, warehouse management, bindery, printer operator, graphics and account management. We are the biggest in our sector in Canada with annual revenues over $400M and we are trying all avenues to find good people to fuel our growth. Most of the jobs will start as temp but there's the desire to turn them permanent asap if there's a good fit.

This is delibaratly generic because most of the jobs we have can be learned on the job. The selection criteria are really 90% attitude and 10% aptitude. If you or your partner/child are landing in the Vancouver area and want a job to see you get on your feet pretty quickly then maybe we have a win-win going.

I'll be really interested to see what the response is to this so I'll wait with baited breath.

Regards all

Rupert

Thanks Rupert. I just PM you a message
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

ihassan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am a permanent canadian resident. I was temporarily away from Canada for some time but now i am moving permanently with my wife and kids. With reference to your ad, i would like to explore opportunities with your company. Could you please give me more information on the job opportunities available in your company?.

Thanks

I Hassan

Regards all

Rupert
Old Jul 29th 2007, 3:22 am
Just Joined

duke22222 is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards all

Rupert
i'm from Indonesia with nothing experience in other country,can I know more details with permit and how can I get visa for work in canada?your program?

Thank you
Old Sep 4th 2007, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

deltadeltaromeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am new to this post.
I am coming back to Canada, Vancouver in 3 months time, that is beginning of December 2007.
I really appreciate your gesture of advertising this add so openly and I would gladly send you my CV if you could give me more details such as your e-mail.

Thanks

Dario
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

jhorsfield30 is on a distinguished road

AM I right in thinking programming jobs in IT are LMO exempt, so the job offer is sent and thats it?
Also, thinking of re-training if necessary, considering 10 years in IT and not much else.
john
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

laydee76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rupert

My husband and I are moving to Vancouver in the next couple of months as he had a job working on the winter Olympic stadium, village etc. However I am also now looking for work and spotted your note. I am not sure if I come under your requirements but always worth asking!

Currently I work as a Project Manager at IBM in the UK and have a full range of managerial and office skills so if you do have any vacancies or know of any that may be on the cards in the next few months please let me know!

Thanks ever so much
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

paulandfamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards all

Rupert
Hi Rupert

i am attaching a cv let me know what you think
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

frederick barima is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there im currently looking for employment in vancouver, i have 6 years experience as a centre manager and 5 years as a retail manager working in england, i have immigration lawyers working on my behalf and require sponsership (confirmed employment) i was packed and ready to leave about 6 months ago. my e-mail address is [email protected], if you send me an e-mail, ill send you my resume.

Kind regards Frederick
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:46 am
Just Joined

davespeck is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards all

Rupert
hi
i am currantly living in uk but love to work in canada i have been working in printfinishing for over 25 years and i am currantly working as a bindery supervisor running 7 muller lines and 4 sitma mailing lines what r the chances for me

dave
email me at [email protected]
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:32 am
Just Joined

tommy_w25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rupert,

My name is Thomas Williams, I am travelling to Vancouver next month and am looking for work, in particular in the IT sector.
I have a general IT background with experience in Geographical Information Systems.

The thread you posted appealed to me as I have had alot of experience in training on the job. I think I have the attitude to work hard and develop my knowledge base for a company such as yours.

I would really appreciate if you could get in touch, I am moving to Vancouver on an initial 12 month Open work authorisation Visa on March 18th 09.

Kind regards, Thomas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.