Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers > Canada Jobs
Reload this Page >

Anyone looking for work in Vancouver?

Anyone looking for work in Vancouver?

Old Dec 7th 2006, 3:56 am
Just Joined

Rupert W will become famous soon enoughRupert W will become famous soon enough
Smile Anyone looking for work in Vancouver?

I thought I'd try this forum to see if I can find a win-win for someone coming to the Lower Mainland area.

FYI I landed in Feb this year with a heavily pregnant wife, no house, no job and 4 friends to call on. By May we had a home, a baby, a job and a network. I know what it's like to be scared of your own dreams and want to make the leap a little easier for someone (hopefully plural).

We are looking for people in a variety of roles from warehouse, warehouse management, bindery, printer operator, graphics and account management. We are the biggest in our sector in Canada with annual revenues over $400M and we are trying all avenues to find good people to fuel our growth. Most of the jobs will start as temp but there's the desire to turn them permanent asap if there's a good fit.

This is delibaratly generic because most of the jobs we have can be learned on the job. The selection criteria are really 90% attitude and 10% aptitude. If you or your partner/child are landing in the Vancouver area and want a job to see you get on your feet pretty quickly then maybe we have a win-win going.

I'll be really interested to see what the response is to this so I'll wait with baited breath.

Regards all

Rupert
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:46 pm
Recruiter Extraordinaire

Tigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone looking for work in Vancouver?

Originally Posted by Rupert W
I thought I'd try this forum to see if I can find a win-win for someone coming to the Lower Mainland area.

FYI I landed in Feb this year with a heavily pregnant wife, no house, no job and 4 friends to call on. By May we had a home, a baby, a job and a network. I know what it's like to be scared of your own dreams and want to make the leap a little easier for someone (hopefully plural).

We are looking for people in a variety of roles from warehouse, warehouse management, bindery, printer operator, graphics and account management. We are the biggest in our sector in Canada with annual revenues over $400M and we are trying all avenues to find good people to fuel our growth. Most of the jobs will start as temp but there's the desire to turn them permanent asap if there's a good fit.

This is delibaratly generic because most of the jobs we have can be learned on the job. The selection criteria are really 90% attitude and 10% aptitude. If you or your partner/child are landing in the Vancouver area and want a job to see you get on your feet pretty quickly then maybe we have a win-win going.

I'll be really interested to see what the response is to this so I'll wait with baited breath.

Regards all

Rupert
Have sent you a PM.

Tamsin
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Medway has much to be proud ofMedway has much to be proud ofMedway has much to be proud ofMedway has much to be proud ofMedway has much to be proud ofMedway has much to be proud ofMedway has much to be proud ofMedway has much to be proud ofMedway has much to be proud ofMedway has much to be proud ofMedway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tigger1
Have sent you a PM.

Tamsin
We are not heading for Canada but just wanted to say to Richard W what a gentleman and a scholar for posting in this way

Very helpful to someone , im sure

good luck tasmin
Old Dec 11th 2006, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Darrens479 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I have just sent you a PM regarding the roles.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Darren
Old Jan 4th 2007, 6:05 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Regards all

Rupert

Need a programmer? Very keen.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

I've sent you a PM.

Scott.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

glenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the rough

Regards all

Rupert
hi, im thinking of bringing my family over ( 2 adults 2 children ). at this moment ive been looking at various college courses as i believe at this time the best way for me to be able to emmigrate is to learn a trade. at home im a semi skilled joiner however i have experience in various machine operating roles. for my information do i need a company to sponser me before i even think about applying for a visa? if you have any info to help me either seek employment in canada as at the moment it seems a mind field. just on another note it sounds you have real balls entering canada as you said, credit to you. look foward to hearing from you. regards, glenn wilson.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dirk1971
Need a programmer? Very keen.
Sorry to not have repied sooner but I never got a heads-up that this had been posted. No, no programmer roles, the list of roles is contained in the original message.

Good luck.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 2:08 am
Just Joined

missyh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

Does the company sponsor uk citizens, my hubby was a distribution manager for royal mail and worked for them for 19 years.

thanks
missyh
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: Anyone looking for work in Vancouver?

Missy

Sorry, no, not as far as I know. The offer is to soften the landing for anyone brave enough to come without a job. I did it that way and want to help out others. Sponsorship requires a specific job to have not been filled through Canadian advertising and there's nothing in that bracket here (today).

Check out the main website at www.datagroup.ca and consider sending in his Resume to HR at the head office if you are interested in living in Edmonton or Calgary. I don't know that we have specific jobs open but we are growing and things change every day. I'm sure that they'd rather know about your husband than not.

Good luck with everything.

Rupert
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

kazclan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Anyone looking for work in Vancouver?

Hi
I have sent you a PM

Kazclan
Old Feb 21st 2007, 9:06 am
Just Joined

caz1961 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kazclan
Hi
I have sent you a PM

Kazclan
hi,

Thanks for replying..... but new to the site and have not yet been able to access your reply... Help!!!!

Carole
Old Mar 18th 2007, 3:26 pm
Banned

Sir Raden is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rupert,

I am very much interested but the problem is I am here in Philippines. I am planning to migrate in Canada but this early stage, my financial status prohibits me... I am working as Manufacturing Supervisor in an automotive parts manufacturer (http://www.jideco.co.jp/profile/index.html) for 7 years now and I think my experience is competitive enough to face challenges abroad.

Hearing that sponsorship is difficult, a feel sad. Anyway, let me know if there is a chance for me and other members who are interested too..

Thanks,
Raden
Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

You are not the only one to have misunderstood my message but I wish to be clear my offer is for jobs for those already approved to come and who will land within a few days, weeks or months. It is NOTHING to do with sponsorship.

Good luck.

R
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

Daniel-NGo is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards all

Rupert
Hi Rupert,

My name is Daniel and I like yourself have just come to Canada from Holland, for about 3 weeks. I am currently looking for employment and came accross your blog. I have experience in the financial accounting and administration department. Also, I wondering if you offer a sponsorship program. If you have any questions reply back to <<email address removed>>. Thank you.

Daniel

Last edited by NC Penguin; Apr 11th 2007 at 1:15 am. Reason: Email address removed. Please send PM to poster

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.