Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Zoom. Heading down the pan?

Zoom. Heading down the pan?

Old Aug 28th 2008, 6:04 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zoom. Heading down the pan?

I know I joked about it but Ben was really looking forward to seeing his mom and sister on monday.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 6:11 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccainnz
it's official - Zoom have gone into receivership and all flights cancelled. I had a flight booked for 8th Sept
http://www.flyzoom.com/
OMG - I have friends flying over on Sept 11 direct from Glasgow to Halifax. No other flights direct from Scotland. I feel sick as I am just about to phone them with the bad news
Old Aug 28th 2008, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Sjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to all

Bummer
We almost went ahead & booked for end of Sept. Even though LMO and WP are still pending. The house buyer wants in by then so I was thinking we would go over and wait it out if need be! I expect a lot of people were drawn in by the 'kids go free' deal.
I had been really impressed with them last year. Also we have a large, old mutt to ship and they seemed to be the most accommodating. Anyone got any advise / experience of dog shipping? The agencies seem to get money for old rope when all they do is book the dog in & out. Is there no DIY option
I believe General motors have a Teleporter but they won't release it cause they make too much money out of cars......Oh! wait

Fasten your seat belts says a voice
Inside the plane you can't hear no noise
Engines made by Rolls Royce
Take yer choice
Make mine .....
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:13 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Mrs_P's cousin and his wife were supposed to be on the flight from Gatwick to Vancouver today, I see from the Gatwick departures board that the flight is "delayed".

I hope they can get another flight somehow.
I was wrong in the departure airport it was Glasgow not Gatwick, however that's immaterial now as they (Zoom) are gone.

I have no idea what the rellies have in mind now as we haven't heard from them since early this morning our time.

Hopefully they can get a credit card refund and book on another airline, but it's likely to be damned expensive at such short notice.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I was wrong in the departure airport it was Glasgow not Gatwick, however that's immaterial now as they (Zoom) are gone.

I have no idea what the rellies have in mind now as we haven't heard from them since early this morning our time.

Hopefully they can get a credit card refund and book on another airline, but it's likely to be damned expensive at such short notice.
my kids are stranded at glasgow airport now can anybody help

Rosie
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sjt53
Bummer
We almost went ahead & booked for end of Sept. Even though LMO and WP are still pending. The house buyer wants in by then so I was thinking we would go over and wait it out if need be! I expect a lot of people were drawn in by the 'kids go free' deal.
I had been really impressed with them last year. Also we have a large, old mutt to ship and they seemed to be the most accommodating. Anyone got any advise / experience of dog shipping? The agencies seem to get money for old rope when all they do is book the dog in & out. Is there no DIY option
I believe General motors have a Teleporter but they won't release it cause they make too much money out of cars......Oh! wait

Fasten your seat belts says a voice
Inside the plane you can't hear no noise
Engines made by Rolls Royce
Take yer choice
Make mine .....
we booked our dog on with thomas cook out of gatwick,£550
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Sjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
we booked our dog on with thomas cook out of gatwick,£550
Thanks Andy, will check it out. Where are you in BC?

If anyone is really stuck, we are near Gatwick and can probably make room for a couple of people tonight.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Sjt53;6725148]. Where are you in BC?

Oh Must learn to read the profile
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Sjt53;6725154]
. Where are you in BC?

Oh Must learn to read the profile
Moving to BC 2nd Oct 2008, we used a company called petsaway,and booked the flights through canadianaffair (thank god) Gatwick vancouver 2 adults ,2 kids, 1 dog, and car hire for a week £1450, Bargain
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

'Flights where to get the best deals'

Originally Posted by chrisconvy_99
Zoom Zoom Zoom Zoom Zoom

Opps

( I've recommended them too, so you don't feel so bad )
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=AndyBCbound;6725177]
Moving to BC 2nd Oct 2008, we used a company called petsaway,and booked the flights through canadianaffair (thank god) Gatwick vancouver 2 adults ,2 kids, 1 dog, and car hire for a week £1450, Bargain
Thats amazing will get on it tomorrow.
( is the car a four wheeler )
Old Aug 28th 2008, 10:03 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily Ben has managed to rebook his Mom and Sister on a flyglobespan flight.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
yes we booked last month with zoom :curse:Then last week they changed our return flight,either we take the new date or have a full refund.Your right the muppet took the new flight:curse:
Arty (i am staying put) & Co
Old Aug 29th 2008, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Chris_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are stuck in Halifax, were due to fly back on Sat 6th, we have had to book new flights with Canadian affair, which has cost us over 1200 pounds, add that to the money that we have lost for the return flight with Zoom and we are almost 1900 pounds down, feeling very depressed tonight! :curse:
Old Aug 29th 2008, 12:19 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Zoom may not be the last casualty.

Zoom could be the first of many airlines to go

DAVID LEASK
Booking a flight used to be so easy: you just surfed the net until you found the cheapest low-cost carrier to take you where you want to go. Not any more. Now you need to work out the odds of your carrier going bust.

A whole squadron of international airlines yesterday revealed profit warnings or losses. One, Scottish-owned but Canadian-registered Zoom, suspended all operations and cancelled all flights as it sought protection from its creditors.

Industry experts believe many carriers will fail to see out the winter. "Things are not happy in airline land," said one aviation insider.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/news...e_counters.php

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.