Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Zoom flight cancelled

Zoom flight cancelled

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:01 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Zoom flight cancelled

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Jazz isn't part of Air Canada. It's a contract carrier. In essence, it is fully integrated into Air Canada's domestic operations. The fund that owns it was, until recently, majority-owned by the same outfit that controls Air Canada. It no longer is.
Both Jazz and Air Canada are wholly owned by ACE Aviation Holdings which is essentially Air Canada after it emerged from bankruptcy in 2004.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:03 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Both Jazz and Air Canada are wholly owned by ACE Aviation Holdings which is essentially Air Canada after it emerged from bankruptcy in 2004.
OK. You're right; I'm wrong.

I'll keep my mouth shut from now on.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

grumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nice

Originally Posted by bootlecat
Did you book with a Credit Card, if so its covered. Did you have travel insurance, if so its covered.

If neither then zoom haven't cost you the money they specifically state that all bookings should only be made after you have adequate cover in case of cancellations.
I'm afraid that my travel insurance didn't cover me (See this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531957)
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grumpyhaggis
I'm afraid that my travel insurance didn't cover me (See this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531957)
It makes no difference...as I said earlier if you've paid for this using your credit card the credit card company will sort it out. They will probably refund the money to your account immediately...so give them a call. They will then put the matter into dispute...send you a form to fill in and that's probably the last you'll hear about it...but you will have your money back.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:36 pm

Thanks for the link. According to that, ACE sold off all but 9.5% of its interest in Jazz in January and offloaded the rest in May.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:38 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Thanks for the link. According to that, ACE sold off all but 9.5% of its interest in Jazz in January and offloaded the rest in May.
So who was right and who was wrong.

Perhaps 'tis me who needs to keep mouth shut.

Have you seen the latest from Air Canada?

Shedding 2,000 jobs, reducing system capacity due to high fuel prices.

Not that it was unexpected.

Last edited by Steve_P; Jun 17th 2008 at 5:40 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 6:15 pm

So who was right and who was wrong.

Perhaps 'tis me who needs to keep mouth shut.

Have you seen the latest from Air Canada?

Shedding 2,000 jobs, reducing system capacity due to high fuel prices.

Not that it was unexpected.
The AC announcement comes as no surprise to me. Most airlines are doing the same. Even South West will probably follow suit eventually. Jazz, I reckon, is toast. It's my understanding that little planes are only marginally profitable at the best of times.