Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Zoom ceases operation 1800 today.

Zoom ceases operation 1800 today.

Old Aug 28th 2008, 6:51 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of
Default Re: Zoom ceases operation 1800 today.

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
My Dad booked with them at 11am UK time this morning, idiot. Nothing to do with Zoom but I'd been begging him to take a flight to Detroit as I loathe driving to Toronto and back... Oh well, should have known I'm always right. There's 472 GBP he won't see again.

Seriously bummed for the rest of you too
Not sure, but sometimes, if within 24 hours, should not be an issue to get ar refund? I'd actually just call his credit card company and tell them to stop payment! Unless it was debit?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

ADAMC is an unknown quantity at this point

My in-laws were due to fly back to the Uk from Winnipeg next Monday with Zoom. They went out for a walk 2 hours ago and I now have the unenviable tasks of telling them their flight back to Blightly no longer exists and that the Air Canada equivalent is around £1000 quid each.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

This is pants news. Pants. Mum and step dad due to fly out at Christmas. Think they will get their money back from credit card which should cover their new flights (BA and air canda are surprisingly reasonable) but its seriously more pants for lots of people. Nightmare

Gryph
Old Aug 28th 2008, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Really bad news for Winnipegers, isn't it? No UK flights at all now
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

ADAMC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Really bad news for Winnipegers, isn't it? No UK flights at all now
I'm not too worried personally as I always fly Air Canada via Toronto or NWA via Minneapolis to the Uk from the Peg. It may take a few hours longer but it gives you a few more options when flights are cancelled / delayed. Last time I looked the AC fligts were only $3 more expensive than Zoom anyway.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

andrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really niceandrew & linda is just really nice

Originally Posted by ADAMC
My in-laws were due to fly back to the Uk from Winnipeg next Monday with Zoom. They went out for a walk 2 hours ago and I now have the unenviable tasks of telling them their flight back to Blightly no longer exists and that the Air Canada equivalent is around £1000 quid each.
That sucks.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:06 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ADAMC
They may find that a return fare is cheaper than a one-way.

Northwest are sometimes cheaper via Minneapolis, again return will be cheaper than one-way.

Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

my mam and dad are here in calgary on hols they are due to fly home sat with zoom booked on debit card,so can't get our money back
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Stranded Relatives

My partners parents arrived with Zoom (Gatwick - Vancouver) 36 hours ago, and now I hear this on BE.

I don't even want to tell them - it's going to ruin their holiday!

I can't believe this has happened, and I recommended Zoom!

Sarah
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Stranded Relatives

Originally Posted by SarahBC
My partners parents arrived with Zoom (Gatwick - Vancouver) 36 hours ago, and now I hear this on BE.

I don't even want to tell them - it's going to ruin their holiday!

I can't believe this has happened, and I recommended Zoom!

Sarah
Bite the bullet and tell them now, the longer you leave it the worse it will get, at least telling them sooner will give more chance in securing a flight
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:14 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

For those rebooking, BA has a seat sale for:

Toronto, Montreal: 1st Sep 08 to 30 June 09 - between £329 & £349 return (not including xmas and easter)

Calgary, Vancouver: 1st Oct 08 to 31 May 09 - between £419 and £449 return (not including xmas and easter)

These are pretty good fares for BA.

I can't get onto the UK Air Canada website because my pc is cr4p but they usually have a seat sale around the same time of year as BA.

Also, if you are stranded in Vancouver, a cheaper alternative may be to fly from Seattle which is only a couple of hours on the bus.

Good luck to those rebooking

Flossie

Last edited by Flossie and Jim; Aug 28th 2008 at 7:16 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:18 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim

Toronto, Montreal: 1st Sep 08 to 30 June 09 - between £329 & £349 return (not including xmas and easter)

Calgary, Vancouver: 1st Oct 08 to 31 May 09 - between £419 and £449 return (not including xmas and easter)

I can't get onto the UK Air Canada website because my pc is cr4p but they usually have a seat sale around the same time of year as BA.

Flossie
I re-booked with BA this morning. Out Sept 9 and back Sept 30, YVR to LHR for $1,333 each. A bit better than I expected.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:19 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim

Also, if you are stranded in Vancouver, a cheaper alternative may be to fly from Seattle which is only a couple of hours on the bus.

Flossie
Hi

Here is AC web page for offers

http://www.aircanada.com/uk/en/offer...can_aug08.html
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:23 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

So we were supposed to fly last night Calgary to Glasgow for a wedding Saturday. At the aiport we were told we'd fly Saturday - no good for us. We stood in line to buy pretty expensive seats with BA (2 of us plus our 4 month old) our friends in front managed to get on the flight through Heathrow leaving last night. We then spent the next 2 hours being told we were on, then off, then on the flight and in the end were told we could get on in Business Class for $13,000 or so!!! Way more than the already expensive decision we'd made so we walked away.

Once we got back we spent time on the interweb and booked BA to fly tonight on return flights as they were cheaper than one-way, even though we thought we'd still be using Zoom to return. Luckily we did that as this morning we see Zoom is dead and those return flights are no use.

So we are fortunate enough that we live in Calgary and just came home, plus we could make the call to buy more expensive flights to fly tonight to still get over there without losing too much of our holiday. I can only begin to sympathise with some of the others who were in the line with us at the aiport last night who were at the end of their holiday and are now effectivley stranded.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

VanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant futureVanSte2000 has a brilliant future

GOD CANT BELIEVE IT!!!

So sorry for everyone that is stranded or lost their money. Its bad!!

I was only looking on zoom website last night and planning on booking our flights with them in october!!

Thank god I didnt as i would of used the debit card!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.