Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

your first xmas in vancouver this is for u

your first xmas in vancouver this is for u

Old Dec 19th 2006, 12:26 am
dont be afraid to reply

cov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to all
Default Re: your first xmas in vancouver this is for u

Originally Posted by sans
And a very merry christmas to you to

bahhhhhh humbug
Old Dec 19th 2006, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov lad
novocastrian i am settled in as much as the nx person who has moved from another country
dont get me wrong but i was so used to saying one thing and then corrected so abrutly that we dont such things here , i guess there are more toes to step on here .
and the meaning red ken in london

well i think it was last year or the year before ken who is (i think still is ) the mayor of london annouced that it will be seasons greetings not merry christmas .
yes there were a lot of unhappy people ,
so basically i am saying but not agreeing is that the PC word is seasons greeting so i ahave lead to belive ..

no offence to anyone where ever we live we have to watch what we say.
even if there is a very very small chance of hurting someones feelings,
i just said the truth and if the truth hurts then well what ever ,

so
What a load of crap. The major religion in canada is still Christianity, not that it matters because you don't see people lining up to go to church at christmas. Saying 'seasons greetings' is just about being a little more inclusive. But noone will stop you saying "merry christmas". The people i work with are Jewish and they are all happy to wish me a happy christmas.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

pint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud ofpint princess has much to be proud of

Let's get real for a moment.

I think the more accurate reason for the preference by many of 'season's greetings' is many people's underlying unease with this whole time of year. Suicide rates are high, booze is flowing, families are fighting, many women are over-burdened in pleasing behaviours from another dimension and time. Children are rabid on sugar. Uncles are wanting their fingers pulled. Oh, how fun it all is! Do we really need the social pressure to be happy and merry, to have a joyous occassion? If people want to get drunk, be angry, be irritated, be miserable in a haze of alcohol, turkey farts and too much mincemeat they should have that right and not have the assumption that it's a merry, happy time for all thrown into their faces at every turn.

Heres to a Crap Christmas and a Miserable New Year!
Old Dec 19th 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pint princess

I think the more accurate reason for the preference by many of 'season's greetings' is many people's underlying unease with this whole time of year. Suicide rates are high, booze is flowing, families are fighting, many women are over-burdened in pleasing behaviours from another dimension and time. Children are rabid on sugar. Uncles are wanting their fingers pulled. Oh, how fun it all is! Do we really need the social pressure to be happy and merry, to have a joyous occassion? If people want to get drunk, be angry, be irritated, be miserable in a haze of alcohol, turkey farts and too much mincemeat they should have that right and not have the assumption that it's a merry, happy time for all thrown into their faces at every turn.

Wow glad i'm not coming over to yours on Xmas day.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 10:00 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Wow glad i'm not coming over to yours on Xmas day.
Sounds to me nobody else is.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

snowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cov lad
novocastrian i am settled in as much as the nx person who has moved from another country
dont get me wrong but i was so used to saying one thing and then corrected so abrutly that we dont such things here , i guess there are more toes to step on here .
and the meaning red ken in london

well i think it was last year or the year before ken who is (i think still is ) the mayor of london annouced that it will be seasons greetings not merry christmas .
yes there were a lot of unhappy people ,
so basically i am saying but not agreeing is that the PC word is seasons greeting so i ahave lead to belive ..

no offence to anyone where ever we live we have to watch what we say.
even if there is a very very small chance of hurting someones feelings,
i just said the truth and if the truth hurts then well what ever ,

so

Sorry but I don't understand this language...what planet are you from again?
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:07 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

i like this, the true meaning of christmas.
we have just had a 'happy holidays' poster taken down in work as not everyone is off, fantastic, and a great big 'bah humbug' to all.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Been Here 40 years I always say Merry Xmas..if i was corrected i would say "GET LOST" ...(thats the Liverpoodlan in me )

Originally Posted by jempee
cov lad, not to worry just novo and printer winding others up again.

I spoke to an expat of 25 years who said that he still refuses to say happy holidays etc and always says merry/happy christmas.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 11:02 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

If people want to get drunk, be angry, be irritated, be miserable in a haze of alcohol, turkey farts and too much mincemeat they should have that right and not have the assumption that it's a merry, happy time for all thrown into their faces at every turn.
Seasons indigestion to you, merry flatulance and a happy new pepto-bismol.

Rich.
Old Dec 25th 2006, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Gezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of light

...And you would complain just as much if all of this went on, say on celebrations of May 1st!
Old Dec 25th 2006, 3:08 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever. Enjoy tomorrow as best you can.

Happy turkey day. (Or was that in October, I forget).
Old Dec 25th 2006, 3:18 am
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Whatever. Enjoy tomorrow as best you can.

Happy turkey day. (Or was that in October, I forget).
Thanks giving?
Old Dec 25th 2006, 3:22 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daedra
Thanks giving?
Yea, that's it: giving thanks. What for is debatable. Anyway happy dingsbum.
Old Dec 25th 2006, 3:29 am
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Yea, that's it: giving thanks. What for is debatable. Anyway happy dingsbum.
Cheers, happy Rooscrotum to you too