Reload this Page >

Young family wanting to move 3-4 years nurse

Young family wanting to move 3-4 years nurse

Old Nov 11th 2014, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Emilly2904 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Young family wanting to move 3-4 years nurse

Hi
Wanting to move to to Canada in 3-4 years ... I am currently studying to be a nurse so hoping to get a job over there doing this.
I have read through some posts but it's hard to distinguish all the information because it turns into people's personal conversation so I'll ask a few questions and any feedback would be fantastic

Is there certain places where is it better to get work as a nurse?

Do you have to sit an exam to be able to practice as a RN ( I have seen mixed views on this)?

Any tips of people with young family's on paces with good educations and low crime rates ?

If I had a baby in Canada would that baby be Canadian and therefore have a right to stay in Canada and would that things things for me as I do plan on having more children!

I am sure I will think of millions more questions but thanks in advance xxxxx
Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young family wanting to move 3-4 years nurse

I know there is a lot of reading, but it is worth your while skimming the previous posts because all your questions will be answered.

The whole process of applying for nursing in Canada has changed - so no one will be able to tell you how easy/hard it will be. Suffice to say, there are not many nurses on here from the past 4 years or so who have had an easy process. The success stories mainly from BC - the worse case scenarios seem to be in Ontario.

Nursing in Canada is generalist, so if you are doing adult nursing, you will probably require additional training hours in paeds, psych, and maternity.

ALL nurses who want to register in Canada HAVE to sit the exam - which from 2015 will be NCLEX.