Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

You know you're becoming canadian when you...!

You know you're becoming canadian when you...!

Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you're becoming canadian when you...!

Originally Posted by iaink
Its in "The Sun". You cant argue with that, it must be true
It never crossed my mind that Mr. Bonokowski might have made it up while standing in the Cheshire Cheese.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
"americans pretending to be canadian" search on Yahoo came up with 458,000 links.
Then that MUST surely be the same 'mercan' 458,000 times over
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:35 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

A search on Yahoo of "Canadian pretending to be Americans" came up with 177,000 links to sites about "Americans pretending to be Canadians" - Laughing my ass off!!!

If Canada didn't exist, the 'mericans would have to invent it!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:39 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I suppose I haven't met every single young American backpacker, perhaps there was one, once. Who was he/she ?
Franck Walkzheimer from Savannah Georgia.

Rich.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:40 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Calgal
Have AMEX will travel, Franck's a busy dude. So much to cram in for a Harvard gap year.

Rich.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
A search on Yahoo of "Canadian pretending to be Americans" came up with 177,000 links to sites about "Americans pretending to be Canadians" - Laughing my ass off!!!

If Canada didn't exist, the 'mericans would have to invent it!
I don't think your Goggle stats mean very much :

Results 1 - 10 of about 748,000 for Canadians pretending to be Americans. (0.19 seconds

Results 1 - 10 of about 749,000 for Americans pretending to be Canadians. (0.24 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 779,000 for Russians pretending to be Americans. (0.19 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 175,000 for Plumbers pretending to be Americans. (0.21 seconds)
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Franck Walkzheimer from Savannah Georgia.

Rich.
What's his phone number ?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:43 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Hes a hippy man! He wont have a phone
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:44 pm
Lotus-eater

Unable to disclose, that would break forum rules and privacy laws.

C'mon get a grip.

Rich.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I'm not going native. I have the passport but, otherwise, I'm not even vaguely Canadian. I was thinking of Canadian tourists abroad, they wear the maple leaf because, without it, they're indistinguishable from Americans.

Actually the UK is probable more American than Canada due to more

- Focus on style and superficiality

- Consumerism and conspicious consumption

- Personality culture (The Royals, Showbiz ec.)
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by iaink
Hes a hippy man! He wont have a phone
I thought he was just a wannabe hippy, he should have a cell phone.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Oh, I'm not going native. I have the passport but, otherwise, I'm not even vaguely Canadian. I was thinking of Canadian tourists abroad, they wear the maple leaf because, without it, they're indistinguishable from Americans.
Well thats interesting. On our last trip to the UK this past spring, we were thought to be americans in most major cities and towns. However once we were outside of london and in small cities the folks could distinguish between the accents.

In Ireland they were able to tell we were canadians immediately without even being told!

And yes we met many many americans backpacking as we were who were wearing the maple leaf pretending to be canadians because "they were treated better" if they did!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:58 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by flashman

Yesterday there were two young Canadians in here. Each of them has 100 pairs of shoes. We talked at length about which shoes they should take to Europe this summer and which shoes Abby (from ER) and Marisa (from the OC) would take.

Canada's not just abput granola and horse drawn ploughs you know. People buy stuff here too.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flashman

In my experience Canadians are just as materialistic.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:00 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Calgal
If one 'merican has that much notoriety it must have been G.W. Bush.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.