Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

You know you're becoming canadian when you...!

You know you're becoming canadian when you...!

Old May 3rd 2005, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: You know you're becoming canadian when you...!

Originally Posted by dbd33
A while back msn published a column by a stock hustler out of Vancouver called John Casper, he's still around peddling "yummy tax advantages". The column I enjoyed announced that we, the public, would be hearing a lot of wanking about some financial instrument. I immediately wrote to Mr. Casper congratulating him on making explicit what I had long assumed to be his habit as regards financial statements and referring him to Roger Daltrey's famous quote about tax exiles "wanking over their bank books". He never replied but, in his pictures, his hands are concealed and he's squinting so, I guess, stocks and bonds are still his thing.
That is priceless!

It deserves it's own award!
If we are able to use this terminology freely here then i can personaly think of a few 'WANKERS' hehe!...
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:43 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babyblue
That is priceless!

It deserves it's own award!
If we are able to use this terminology freely here then i can personaly think of a few 'WANKERS' hehe!...
His column doesn't seem to be on the msn site any more, I'm googling for
"John Casper wanking" now but I'm not getting exactly the type of hits I want.
Old May 3rd 2005, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbd33
His column doesn't seem to be on the msn site any more, I'm googling for
"John Casper wanking" now but I'm not getting exactly the type of hits I want.
Just be careful what you ask for! you may end up with a not so nice suprise!
Old May 9th 2005, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

i just stumbled across another saying.

For sure!

your welcome!

My son had his birthday yesterday and after opening every gift he looked at me and said " that was grimey"(teenage for awesome)
have you ever heard such statments?
Old May 9th 2005, 9:28 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Just be careful what you ask for! you may end up with a not so nice suprise!
You are Debbie Travis and I claim my $10.
Old May 10th 2005, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Souvenir
You are Debbie Travis and I claim my $10.
Not quite sure what you mean! sorry

having a blonde moment!
Old May 10th 2005, 12:32 pm

Not quite sure what you mean! sorry

having a blonde moment!
You're clearly not a big fan of HGTV.
Old May 10th 2005, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

You're clearly not a big fan of HGTV.

I do watch Debbie travis i just didn't understand the $10 bit.
Old May 10th 2005, 12:47 pm

I do watch Debbie travis i just didn't understand the $10 bit.
Your quote about surprises sounded like her catch phrase, which made be suggest that are really her in disguise and I get a $10 reward for spotting you.

I'm beginning to regret getting into this.
Old May 10th 2005, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Your quote about surprises sounded like her catch phrase, which made be suggest that are really her in disguise and I get a $10 reward for spotting you.

I'm beginning to regret getting into this.
OK! you guessed it. It is me!

shusssshhhh! don't tell anyone!
Old May 10th 2005, 1:32 pm

OK! you guessed it. It is me!

shusssshhhh! don't tell anyone!
Just as well you fessed-up. I was about to make some unflattering comments about DT's bod.
Old May 10th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just as well you fessed-up. I was about to make some unflattering comments about DT's bod.
Does my bod need a makeover too?
Old Jul 4th 2005, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

just wanted to bring the old thread back as there are some good stories here for all to share. We really did have a good laugh with this one.
I do find myself saying EH! all the time now and i even own a beer bottle jacket for the trailer park!

The smell of skunk i am slowly adapting to and i wear allot of baseball caps.
Does this me i am finally becoming canadian?

what else do i need to do?
Old Jul 4th 2005, 12:29 pm

what else do i need to do?
Fiddle your taxes.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fiddle your taxes.
how funny is that!

i could not believe how people fiddle all the time over here. I know that half of these things would never get by the british tax office!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.