Yonge Suites Toronto

Wikiposts

Yonge Suites Toronto

Old May 16th 2011, 8:07 am
Just Joined

JamHut11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yonge Suites Toronto

Hey everyone,

Going off some advice I read on here, was curious if anyone has heard or even stayed at the Yonge suites, on Yonge street?

If so do you recommend?

www.yongesuites.com

Cheers
Old May 16th 2011, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yonge Suites Toronto

Originally Posted by JamHut11
Hey everyone,

Going off some advice I read on here, was curious if anyone has heard or even stayed at the Yonge suites, on Yonge street?

If so do you recommend?

www.yongesuites.com

Cheers
I did, and I do. Stayed there for 5 weeks last summer after we moved. Lisa who runs it is great.
Old May 16th 2011, 6:55 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamHut11
Yonge suites, on Yonge street
Say that 20 times quickly!
Old May 16th 2011, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Jay50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi London Mike, you recommended these suites to me - wondered what you thought of the following from another website. Was about to book, but now have my doubts.

Know the building. It's very well situated for access to central Toronto, but if you're in a suite facing Yonge Street (which all the photos show) you'll be overlooking the primary commercial street in that part of town. Unless the windows are very soundproof, there could be a few noise issues, especially on the weekend. The suites themselves look quite decent in the photos, though.

At street level the entrance to the building is very discreet. This is either a very good thing or lends it a dubious air; we're not quite sure which, in this case. Despite walking past it hundreds of times we've never seen anyone coming or going

Sorry we can't provide more hands-on experience, just our $.02 as locals.
Old May 16th 2011, 10:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jay50
Hi London Mike, you recommended these suites to me - wondered what you thought of the following from another website. Was about to book, but now have my doubts.

Know the building. It's very well situated for access to central Toronto, but if you're in a suite facing Yonge Street (which all the photos show) you'll be overlooking the primary commercial street in that part of town. Unless the windows are very soundproof, there could be a few noise issues, especially on the weekend. The suites themselves look quite decent in the photos, though.

At street level the entrance to the building is very discreet. This is either a very good thing or lends it a dubious air; we're not quite sure which, in this case. Despite walking past it hundreds of times we've never seen anyone coming or going

Sorry we can't provide more hands-on experience, just our $.02 as locals.
Big street has noise, shock horror. Entranceway not crowded, gasp! The authors sound like Canadians.
Old May 17th 2011, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Jay50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi dbd33,

I think they do live in Toronto. Trouble is there doesn't seem to be any reviews anywhere about these suites, so every little bit of info helps. Even better if they live in Toronto and have actually seem them. Better still any info from anyone who has actually stayed there-like London Mike.
Old May 17th 2011, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jay50
Hi dbd33,

I think they do live in Toronto. Trouble is there doesn't seem to be any reviews anywhere about these suites, so every little bit of info helps. Even better if they live in Toronto and have actually seem them. Better still any info from anyone who has actually stayed there-like London Mike.
I stayed there twice last year. Once in the back (quieter) on a recce, then once at the front (overlooking Yonge St) for 5 weeks.

Pros: It's clean and has great facilities for the price, like about £80 per night. That gets you two double beds and your own kitchen and laundry room. Better deal than a hotel. It's also centrally located and Lisa di Loreto who runs it is really nice.

Cons: The A/C kept malfunctioning (just set up a few weeks before we arrived) and they brought us fans, but in the middle of July that was annoying. Eventually it worked out ok and we were happy. Last summer it had the feel of a project 'opened for business but only 85% ready'. Now I remember it, the elevator didn't work at one stage and we had to push the alarm bell! Also, we were given free tickets to Ontario PLace so that they could fix somethingon our balcony, but were still at it when we got back. Stuff like that ... probably fixed now.

I would stay there again now though.
Old May 17th 2011, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by London Mike
I stayed there twice last year. Once in the back (quieter) on a recce, then once at the front (overlooking Yonge St) for 5 weeks.

Pros: It's clean and has great facilities for the price, like about £80 per night. That gets you two double beds and your own kitchen and laundry room. Better deal than a hotel. It's also centrally located and Lisa di Loreto who runs it is really nice.

Cons: The A/C kept malfunctioning (just set up a few weeks before we arrived) and they brought us fans, but in the middle of July that was annoying. Eventually it worked out ok and we were happy. Last summer it had the feel of a project 'opened for business but only 85% ready'. Now I remember it, the elevator didn't work at one stage and we had to push the alarm bell! Also, we were given free tickets to Ontario PLace so that they could fix somethingon our balcony, but were still at it when we got back. Stuff like that ... probably fixed now.

I would stay there again now though.
ps it was quiet at the back ... ask for a back room.
Old May 18th 2011, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

I live quite close to these suites and knew someone who stayed there and said it was very nice. They do look very nice on the outside and they are in a great part of town.

The subway is literally a minutes walk away and you can be downtown in about 8 mins. also Yonge / St Clair has some great shops including 2 big grocery stores and lots of pubs and restaurants.

I can agree that being on the yonge st side could be a little noisy but only from traffic going by, besides which there is a dirty great cemetry at the back so cant be that noisy.

I personally thought that they looked like a great place to stay and get established.
Old May 18th 2011, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
I live quite close to these suites and knew someone who stayed there and said it was very nice. They do look very nice on the outside and they are in a great part of town.

The subway is literally a minutes walk away and you can be downtown in about 8 mins. also Yonge / St Clair has some great shops including 2 big grocery stores and lots of pubs and restaurants.

I can agree that being on the yonge st side could be a little noisy but only from traffic going by, besides which there is a dirty great cemetry at the back so cant be that noisy.

I personally thought that they looked like a great place to stay and get established.
The suites are down at Yonge and Dundas right opposite the Eaton Ctr
Old May 18th 2011, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

HAHHA ooopps there is one with a very similiar name at Yonge and St. Clair in midtown that offers short term rentals:

http://www.torontosuites.com/