Xbox 360

Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:58 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xbox 360

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Gran Turismo 5 is what I'm waiting for. Sell the 360 for a PS3!
Hope you're not waiting as long as I have been for Gran Turismo PSP
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:05 am
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Peee Ess Three, Peee Ess Three.......Do it!!!!!!

Then let me know your ID and i'll let you use me for target practice when Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 comes out later in the year
I'll be waiting...............lol
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

One thing to bear in mind if you play on-line in the UK. The country that is set in your gamertag profile cannot be changed which can cause a few problems when you use that gamertag in Canada. I tried to buy the map packs for COD-WAW but couldn't because Live said that the content was not avaiable in my area!!
We've got round by using my sons profile (which is canadian) to download them but it can still be a bit of a pain.
I haven't bought any new games for ages but MW2 will definately be the next one, well there's not much else to do in the winter when theres 4 feet of snow outside.
Gametag - Lobeyone if anyone wants a game.
Daz. have u got a 360?
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by G77
Hope you're not waiting as long as I have been for Gran Turismo PSP
Yeah, I've been holding of buying a PSP for that...looks closer then ever now though.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:27 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
One thing to bear in mind if you play on-line in the UK. The country that is set in your gamertag profile cannot be changed which can cause a few problems when you use that gamertag in Canada. I tried to buy the map packs for COD-WAW but couldn't because Live said that the content was not avaiable in my area!!
We've got round by using my sons profile (which is canadian) to download them but it can still be a bit of a pain.
I haven't bought any new games for ages but MW2 will definately be the next one, well there's not much else to do in the winter when theres 4 feet of snow outside.
Gametag - Lobeyone if anyone wants a game.
Daz. have u got a 360?
That's 360 though right? I've used my PS3 in Vancouver and was able to d/l content via PS Network without issue.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

That's 360 though right? I've used my PS3 in Vancouver and was able to d/l content via PS Network without issue.
Yeah it is on the 360.
Most of the content on the Marketplace I've been able to download through my UK profile, it's just the odd map pack and expansion pack that I seem to have problems with.
I was thinking of starting over again with a new profile but those gamerpoints took hours of dedication!!!
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:39 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Yeah, I've been holding of buying a PSP for that...looks closer then ever now though.
AFAIK it got cancelled - unless they changed their mind again....
Old Aug 13th 2009, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul5455 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Xbox 360

if i cancel my uk gamertag, will it go back in to the system so i could potentially choose it again when iu get over there?
obviously im not going to disclose my gamertag until i find out if i can..or not!
Old Aug 14th 2009, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paul5455
if i cancel my uk gamertag, will it go back in to the system so i could potentially choose it again when iu get over there?
obviously im not going to disclose my gamertag until i find out if i can..or not!
I guess it depends how popular your Gamertag is. Maybe google it and see what you can find out. I'd keep it if you can and see how you get on when your over here.
Old Aug 14th 2009, 2:16 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Mine has been pretty much fine - though it is irritating that you can't change it to your new country..... Just what are they trying to protect by doing this? They could easily implement an IP check to see if you're in the country you say you are....
Old Aug 14th 2009, 2:46 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by G77
Mine has been pretty much fine - though it is irritating that you can't change it to your new country..... Just what are they trying to protect by doing this? They could easily implement an IP check to see if you're in the country you say you are....
From the UK feed this week, sentuamessage actually has a statement on Geo-Fencing as it's known:

"There is a track going on right now where they are looking at the migration of accounts & they understand that people do move countries & there is a growing need for the ability to move your xbox live account with it but it's not that simple, they need to improve things like language support in each country for connected & unconnected accounts & provide the correct licences to content owners & so on & so forth. It is important to show that we are catering for the market that moves & there will be more on this to come soon"

Same boat for me as most people in this thread, giving up my 26k gamer points and gamertag identity not an easy proposition. Instead I work round it with sites like gamepointsnow and luckily haven't tried to buy any content that is IP protected.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

MarkThompson is an unknown quantity at this point

Something to consider with the PS3 is that if you rely on it as a blu-ray player it will be region coded, even if the games aren't.

I have a UK 360 and PS3 and I'm selling both before I leave the UK and replacing in Canada, but still keeping expensive peripherals like HDD, controllers, wireless adapter, charge kits, etc.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 1:58 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkThompson
Something to consider with the PS3 is that if you rely on it as a blu-ray player it will be region coded, even if the games aren't.

I have a UK 360 and PS3 and I'm selling both before I leave the UK and replacing in Canada, but still keeping expensive peripherals like HDD, controllers, wireless adapter, charge kits, etc.
Many of the Blu Ray movies are region free so that's not too much of an issue. Give it a year or two and streaming HD movies will become more of the norm, of which you can watch via your PS3.

http://regionfreemovies.com/region/free
Old Aug 15th 2009, 5:10 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Many of the Blu Ray movies are region free so that's not too much of an issue. Give it a year or two and streaming HD movies will become more of the norm, of which you can watch via your PS3.

http://regionfreemovies.com/region/free
Yeah - I have the feeling that blu-ray won't be that big a format when compared to DVD or CD. People will be streaming/downloading the content.