Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

X Box 360: UK to Canada

X Box 360: UK to Canada

Old Sep 3rd 2013, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: X Box 360: UK to Canada

Originally Posted by Runningfree
Ok. So once in Canada the UK console won't accept Canadian updates due to the different region?
No - updates work ok. We have a mixture of UK and Canadian Xboxs and UK and Canadian gamertags and the consoles and gamertags all worked in Canada ok.

Only issue with the UK Xbox was that it was an old type with the pre HDMI video connections which require a TV with the PAL video format and that is quite unusual to find on Canadian TVs. We have only used the UK Xbox with the UK TV. It has since succumbed to the 4 red lights!

Microsoft have recently stopped the family pack account. No doubt it will end up costing more for individual accounts?
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

With regards to replacing the power supply. This isn't always that easy. There are 3 different power supplies, for 3 different types of xbox 360. Depends when your xbox was manufactured. They aren't interchangeable.

I phoned Microsoft, gave them my serial number and they shipped me the one that was required for my machine. Cost about $40 plus shipping I think.

That was three years ago. Now with consoles @ $99, not sure if I'd bother, probably just buy a new one.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 5:28 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
As of this year Microsoft allows you to change the location associated with your gamer tag
Sounds like there are a lot of restrictions though: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billin.../change-region

Like it says, download everything you think you're entitled to before doing it in case licence restrictions stop you after the change.