Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

WTF Having real mixed emotions just now !!!!

WTF Having real mixed emotions just now !!!!

Old Sep 16th 2006, 10:42 am
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: WTF Having real mixed emotions just now !!!!

Eddie, sweetie. I think the biggest question has to be.........

WHEN THE PHUK YOU GONNA BUY US A DRINK???????
Old Sep 16th 2006, 10:56 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Voyager970
WTF
Anyone else went through the same

Eddie
Posts like this make lurking worthwhile. Thanks for sharing (yes, we know those feelings - our 3 month countdown has started and the charity shops' stocks are looking healthier by the day as we prune our shipping) and good luck with everything.

(Sorry, have to spread karma before you can have any more from me.)
Old Sep 16th 2006, 11:16 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IceMaiden
Eddie, sweetie. I think the biggest question has to be.........

WHEN THE PHUK YOU GONNA BUY US A DRINK???????
ICE where are you in Canada

THANKS TO ALL, AS YOU HAVE ALL SAID YOU HAVE DONE THIS OR SOME OF YOU AR ABOUT TO HEAD DOWN THIS ROAD

ADVANCED PARTY, ME !!!!! ON THE WAY

I will buy you all a good well desereved drink if any of you are near London

That will be my first posting when I get my PC up and running

ALL WELCOME FOR A GOOD GLESGA SWALLY SESSION

FLIGHTS BOOKED TODAY, USING AIR TRANSAT AS THEY HAVE A GENEROUS LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE 23KG HOLD + 10KG CARRY ON

HEADING OUT THURSDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER FROM GLASGOW

5 DAYS TO GO

Eddie
Old Sep 16th 2006, 12:01 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

ICE where are you in Canada

Eddie
Sent u a pm mate.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 3:39 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by getoutofbritainquick
We live in Hempstead. We used ethe Malta Inn on a regular bases until its recent refurbishment. No place for the kids to play now they have taken the play area away.

Where you headed to?

Paul

Back in Canada again!!!!

We are renting in the Pickering area (just outside Toronto) at the moment, where you headed?

Raine

Last edited by raine66; Sep 16th 2006 at 3:42 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 4:22 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Panic attacks are common, I think I had one, but I was so busy it didn't register (Not many things register with me till after the event ) Although I do remember having one of those "Sh*t, did I turn the taps off?" moments on the plane

All the best and keep us updated
Old Sep 16th 2006, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raine66
Back in Canada again!!!!

We are renting in the Pickering area (just outside Toronto) at the moment, where you headed?

Raine
Heading out to BC if we can sell the ******* house.

If they raise interest rates again it could be a big problem. As soon as we sell we will be on our way.

Paul
Old Sep 16th 2006, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie, I know where you are coming from and feel for you!

We booked our flights yesterday and have been busy preparing the house ready for the shippers to come on Monday.

We are all at the start of a scary journey and worries are only natural. People keep asking me if I am excited but to be honest I have so much to get ready and think about I can't be excited yet.

Try and stay focused on why you are doing this and take deep breaths!

Look forward to hearing all about your life on the other side!

Old Sep 16th 2006, 8:23 pm
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
When you get here it'll be WHYTF did I not do this years ago, keep your chin up mate

Voyager.....been ...seen and bought the t-shirt....give it a few more months and you'll be agreeing with Piff Pff.

Good luck
Mans
Old Sep 16th 2006, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

WTF Am I being silly and selfish just now !!!!! Eddie

No you're not - all perfectly normal and healthy emotions considering that you're making major changes to your life - for the betterment of your family!

Deep breaths - remember why you're doing it; then look at each of your WTF's as a neccessary step toward the ultimate goal of that better life!
Old Sep 16th 2006, 9:47 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Felt a lot better today after we booked our flights

Closure is about to happen in Eddies household

As most of you have said it is scary, seeing everything that you have worked for here in the UK disappearing past.

Still looking at my empty lounge and still saying to myself WTF :scared:

We have a portable TV, my sky box and dvd player all sitting on an Anglo Pacific ( my shipper ) cardboard box

We are sitting on 2 garden loungers borrowed from a friend

We are sleeping on our old mattresses as we put new beds in our container

We have 5 plates, a few bowls and a few cups and cutlery for the five of us

Still have my trusted PC to keep in touch with the outside world, its sitting on my kitchen worktop

Looked at shipping just the tower, £160, to expensive so will break the PC up and take hard drives, DVD drives etc in cases and build a new one in Canada.

Me and the wifey chat regulary just now about how you do get used to living such a frugile life, with very little of your worldly possesions at hand.

This is the way we have been for about 11 days now so all of you who are about to have shippers in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE WARNED ITS NOT EASY GUYS !!!!!

Taking big deep breaths regulary, still keeping shitty unsociable hours with very little sleep.

THIS IS WHAT IT DOES TO YOU !!!!

BUT WE ARE NEAR THE END OF A LONG LONG HAUL FOR ALL THE FAMILY

TAKE CARE, NOT LONG NOW UNTIL MY LAST POST HERE FOR A WHILE

Eddie
Old Sep 16th 2006, 11:18 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

Felt a lot better today after we booked our flights

Closure is about to happen in Eddies household

As most of you have said it is scary, seeing everything that you have worked for here in the UK disappearing past.

Still looking at my empty lounge and still saying to myself WTF :scared:

We have a portable TV, my sky box and dvd player all sitting on an Anglo Pacific ( my shipper ) cardboard box

We are sitting on 2 garden loungers borrowed from a friend

We are sleeping on our old mattresses as we put new beds in our container

We have 5 plates, a few bowls and a few cups and cutlery for the five of us

Still have my trusted PC to keep in touch with the outside world, its sitting on my kitchen worktop

Looked at shipping just the tower, £160, to expensive so will break the PC up and take hard drives, DVD drives etc in cases and build a new one in Canada.

Me and the wifey chat regulary just now about how you do get used to living such a frugile life, with very little of your worldly possesions at hand.

This is the way we have been for about 11 days now so all of you who are about to have shippers in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE WARNED ITS NOT EASY GUYS !!!!!

Taking big deep breaths regulary, still keeping shitty unsociable hours with very little sleep.

THIS IS WHAT IT DOES TO YOU !!!!

BUT WE ARE NEAR THE END OF A LONG LONG HAUL FOR ALL THE FAMILY

TAKE CARE, NOT LONG NOW UNTIL MY LAST POST HERE FOR A WHILE

Eddie
Just tried to send you some karma but being told to spread it around first

Best of luck

Raine
Old Sep 17th 2006, 12:24 am
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

I think it started to hit me around the time my co-worker came by to pick up & pay for my TV & VCR he bought off me... the memories of how much time & effort I had spent looking for just the right TV & VCR & stand to accomodate both, sad as it may be, came flooding back to me. It's hard to do but I reminded myself that it is JUST a material possesion and life is about much more then what we own... didn't work 100% of the time but had a tendency to make me feel better short term

I did the same as you, took PC apart and took out the bits I wanted to take with me that cost a fair amount of money... took the HD, memory and video card... only took the DVD-RW combo drive out of it as it was pretty recently purchased, the rest I offloaded to family & friends. Got it built into a new PC within a couple of months of arriving so no big loss, used my bf's PC & my mates PC's in the interm.

As I mentioned in another thread you have on here, its an absolutely normal thing to feel... its scary because of the fact that you are heading out into the unknown and putting alot at risk for this. But I'd like to mention also that you know you would not have come this far if you didn't have some good reasons for doing so. Just keep reminding yourself that and have faith in yourself and your decisions, your inner voice will keep panicking for a while (and re-surfaces every so often after you've moved.. or it did in my case) but once returning to normal thought processes, that voice is very insignificant in the larger scale of you and your life.

Good luck to you and your family
Old Sep 17th 2006, 2:38 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently, on this board, it should be WTP.

Go for it mate. If it all goes pearshaped, blame the wife.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 11:56 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

WTF Am I being silly and selfish just now !!!!!

WTF Am I doing the right thing, scared :scared:

Anyone else went through the same

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

My thoughts are with you.
No one really knows how they will feel until they are in the same position as you.
We are still waiting to sell our house!!!!
But every emotion you are feeling, I'm sure as eggs are eggs, we will feel the same, leaving people behind and panicking as to the future ahead of us.
But be strong, life can and should only get better for you.

Good luck

Kelly