Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Wow, Canada REALLY IS the land of opportunity!!!

Wow, Canada REALLY IS the land of opportunity!!!

Old Oct 31st 2010, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

blue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to all
Default Wow, Canada REALLY IS the land of opportunity!!!

Well, I am in shock, Landed Wednesday (27/10/10), had an interview (well more like an informal chat) on Friday (29/10/10), start work on Monday (01/11/10) as a first year apprentice heavy duty mechanic and to top it off they pay 1st yr apprentices a salaried $30 and hour for a 40 hr week!!!!

This would never happen in the UK, especially as i am 34 years old and the only technical experience i have is 9 month airframes mechanic training, 10 years ago in the RAF before I changed trades to a none tech trade. Canada I love you!
Old Oct 31st 2010, 6:11 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wow, Canada REALLY IS the land of opportunity!!!

Originally Posted by blue monday
Well, I am in shock, Landed Wednesday (27/10/10), had an interview (well more like an informal chat) on Friday (29/10/10), start work on Monday (01/11/10) as a first year apprentice heavy duty mechanic and to top it off they pay 1st yr apprentices a salaried $30 and hour for a 40 hr week!!!!

This would never happen in the UK, especially as i am 34 years old and the only technical experience i have is 9 month airframes mechanic training, 10 years ago in the RAF before I changed trades to a none tech trade. Canada I love you!
Well done! Am green with envy too but congratulations
Old Oct 31st 2010, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! Congratulations. Welcome to Canada.

Ruby
Old Oct 31st 2010, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=blue monday;8953413]Well, I am in shock, Landed Wednesday (27/10/10), had an interview (well more like an informal chat) on Friday (29/10/10), start work on Monday (01/11/10) as a first year apprentice heavy duty mechanic and to top it off they pay 1st yr apprentices a salaried $30 and hour for a 40 hr week!!!!

Wow that was fast work, congratulations and good luck with the new job
Old Oct 31st 2010, 6:54 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. This has to be a record. Unless anyone can beat it ...
Old Oct 31st 2010, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Brilliant! Well done and good luck for the future.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Well done!

Pity about City though
Old Oct 31st 2010, 11:04 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by triumphguy
Congratulations! Well done!

Pity about City though
Nothing wrong with Edmonton except maybe the Oilers and Eskimos.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff........

'Happy with that,' EH!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Well done - that is one major hurdle out of the way - hope everything else falls into place for you - enjoy!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

bozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nicebozonightmare is just really nice

Good for you man!

Better buy some tools now, nothing worse than apprentices with no tools.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Superb stuff! Goes to show that there are fantastic opportunities out here if you know where to look
Old Nov 1st 2010, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

blue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to allblue monday is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Nothing wrong with Edmonton except maybe the Oilers and Eskimos.

So how did the mighty flame do last night, they even managed to score in there own net eh??

Thanks all for the congrats, just hope I am a success at it, i still can't believe it!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 3:36 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blue monday
So how did the mighty flame do last night, they even managed to score in there own net eh??

Thanks all for the congrats, just hope I am a success at it, i still can't believe it!
First off congrats on your finding work so soon. I should have mentioned that in my first reply.

Secondly you can say what you like about the Flame outs, I'm not an NHL fan.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

irishgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
had you got you visa all sorted before you arrived?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.