Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

WOW -BRITISH PASSPORTS RENEWED IN 14 DAYS !

WOW -BRITISH PASSPORTS RENEWED IN 14 DAYS !

Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

ENGLANDIA will become famous soon enough
Default WOW -BRITISH PASSPORTS RENEWED IN 14 DAYS !

I have to give a big hands up to the British Passport office in Washington USA .
We live near Vancouver and sent our families passports [ 2 adults + 3 children] for renewal .

Passport renewal applications sent - 11th Jan by UPS.

Passports recieved @ home - 25th Jan !!!!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WOW -BRITISH PASSPORTS RENEWED IN 14 DAYS !

Just out of interest, where did you get your passport photos done?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Good to know - I have to get mine sent away this week , Trip to either Houston or Singapore on the cards shortly
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:23 am
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

Hi

Glad to hear that.

We got our your nephews their 1st passports before we left the UK. They also only took 10 days.

It was as if the system knew we were leaving as they hit the door mat the morning we left. So when the sister-in-law and the boys got home from the airport, they had a nice surprise waiting.

JB
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nldfc
Good to know - I have to get mine sent away this week , Trip to either Houston or Singapore on the cards shortly
Im in Singapore now great place! heading to Houston in March
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
sears did mine for me they had the UK passport requirements in their office.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

It was a studio in Surrey and they only charged $5 for 2 photos. The photos had a white background.
I,m just amazed at the brilliant service in processing our renewals in 14 days.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottymallo
Im in Singapore now great place! heading to Houston in March

Looking like March and Houston for me so far unless a few more from the Eastern Hemisphere sign up for the course and throw the balance back in the singapore direction
Old Jan 26th 2011, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ENGLANDIA
I have to give a big hands up to the British Passport office in Washington USA .
We live near Vancouver and sent our families passports [ 2 adults + 3 children] for renewal .

Passport renewal applications sent - 11th Jan by UPS.

Passports recieved @ home - 25th Jan !!!!!!!
Will we need to carry our old passports with us for travelling abroad ?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Will we need to carry our old passports with us for travelling abroad ?
Need more info. What's your status in Canada? Why do you think you might need to carry your old passport? Do you have something (e.g. a visa) in the old passport that you think you might need?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Need more info. What's your status in Canada? Why do you think you might need to carry your old passport? Do you have something (e.g. a visa) in the old passport that you think you might need?
We are permanent residents and will apply for Canadian citizenship in the the next couple of months.
We have the original stamped date of landing in the old British passport.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

We are permanent residents and will apply for Canadian citizenship in the the next couple of months.
We have the original stamped date of landing in the old British passport.
In that case, I would carry the old passport.

Someone once gave me a great piece of advice about dealing with bureaucracy in general (and immigration in particular):

"Use a nuclear device if you need to kill a fly."

What he meant was, bring all tools at your disposal - if you even suspect that you might need something, bring it.