Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Would you take your dream job if you had to move with 1 baby and 1 more on the way?

Wikiposts

Would you take your dream job if you had to move with 1 baby and 1 more on the way?

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:09 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you take your dream job if you had to move with 1 baby and 1 more on the wa

Originally Posted by el_richo
The mother spent months in hospital so she'd have to pay for her part surely, and rightly so. Bloody freeloading foreigners
Thats not how I read it, the kid spent 3 months in the neo natal unit, the mother was out in a normal time unless you know different?

And they had insurance. Just not the RIGHT insurance.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:22 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you take your dream job if you had to move with 1 baby and 1 more on the wa

Originally Posted by iaink
Thats not how I read it, the kid spent 3 months in the neo natal unit, the mother was out in a normal time unless you know different?

And they had insurance. Just not the RIGHT insurance.
Aaah i scanned through. I thought it was the mum also.

That said, it would open a huge can of worms if you were able to pop over, have a kid that becomes citizen, not pay anything, then go home. $1M does seem a lot but i'm not up to speed on medical costs in those situations.

Insurance is a funny business, t'is why the OP REALLY needs to triple check his wifes coverage and if all stages of pre and post pregnancy are covered.

Brave brave man either way.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:49 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

She's not 31 weeks pregnant when moving to a new country with no family support, friends, or a family doctor on hand
true but I have been 31 weeks pregnant twice in my life and I have moved with children and no family and friends and its fine, so I have a view on this. Everyones different and it depends on many things, including your own attitude.
I agree on the insurance, you need to be covered.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:10 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
true but I have been 31 weeks pregnant twice in my life and I have moved with children and no family and friends and its fine, so I have a view on this. Everyones different and it depends on many things, including your own attitude.
I agree on the insurance, you need to be covered.
To a place thousands of miles away from them, out of the EU?

Brave woman

Last edited by el_richo; Apr 2nd 2012 at 10:15 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pheonix
i have insurance once i commence work for all of us, but am still searching for the right policy for the 1 week gap, I've been recommended Blue Cross but i just read on another post here it does not cover pregnancy, so if anyone can advise an alternative, i would be very grateful, thanks
I have never found an individual private health policy to cover pregnancy in the US.

There may be some gold plated ones out there that do it - so good luck
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 1:19 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

To a place thousands of miles away from them, out of the EU?

Brave woman
Oh yes, like I said we are all different, including our attitudes to risk. My whole family are global, my mother is in Germany so to be honest, we didnt really move out of a close family knit network. We had no help there, we have more here funnily enough.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

This was the only medical insurance including pregnancy and childbirth I could find... though there may be a caveat, so double check!

http://www.global-health-insurance.com/maternity/

http://www.global-health-insurance.c...conditions.php

They offer short and long term medical coverage.

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 2nd 2012 at 5:59 pm. Reason: added link