Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Would you recommend the moving company you used to relocate?

Would you recommend the moving company you used to relocate?

Old Apr 2nd 2011, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Welsh Tony is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Would you recommend the moving company you used to relocate?

We are looking at moving to NS this month. We have had quotes from several movers, all of which come in just under £4000 for a sole use 20' container with up to 3 months storage thrown in.
Having read most of the threads on here about people unsatisfied with different movers my question is:
"Would you recommend the moving company you used to relocate?"
Any thoughts gratefully appreciated.
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 11:57 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you recommend the moving company you used to relocate?

I'm happy to recommend the company I used: GB Liners. Efficient, mid-priced and easy to deal with.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

We used White & Company, they were good to us. They gave us free storage in the UK for 4 or 5 weeks and refunded the cost of a damaged item.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

chazcanning has a spectacular aura aboutchazcanning has a spectacular aura aboutchazcanning has a spectacular aura about

We used Robinsons who then used Williams this end and we would recommend both of them very highly. Just a tip, the removal companies make money on the marine insurance. We were told ours would be 3% of value of goods but as my wife had worked as a marine insurance broker just recent to our move we knew the actual rate was between 1% and 1.5%. So always worth asking if their rate can be bettered. Good luck chaz
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 2:11 am
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chazcanning
We used Robinsons who then used Williams this end and we would recommend both of them very highly.
Seconded, I had no problems when they did a move for me, efficient and professional.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chazcanning
We used Robinsons who then used Williams this end and we would recommend both of them very highly. Just a tip, the removal companies make money on the marine insurance. We were told ours would be 3% of value of goods but as my wife had worked as a marine insurance broker just recent to our move we knew the actual rate was between 1% and 1.5%. So always worth asking if their rate can be bettered. Good luck chaz
Ahhh, very good tip, thanks!

We too are still in the deciding phase and have had loads of quotes recently; The Moving Partnership has given us the best price so far, so leaning towards them. The other one we're considering is Masons who also seem very good.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 11:15 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

" We were told ours would be 3% of value of goods but as my wife had worked as a marine insurance broker just recent to our move we knew the actual rate was between 1% and 1.5%. So always worth asking if their rate can be bettered. Good luck chaz"

Many thanks - what a great tip, most appreciated.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 3:30 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam-in-Okotoks
We used White & Company, they were good to us. They gave us free storage in the UK for 4 or 5 weeks and refunded the cost of a damaged item.
We used White & Company too and were very pleased with them. They were about the cheapest quote we got at the time and were very efficient. No problems whatsoever. We too got the free storage, althought this ended up being for 7 weeks and we were never charged for the storage this end either (about 5 weeks I think).
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

iancampbell9 is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Anglo Pacific!

about 350 quid but we only had 14/15 of their cartons and no oversized stuff.

Still pretty reasonable I thought and all gear made it ok and consistent with the advised time frame!
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

rich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to all
Thumbs down Re: Would you recommend the moving company you used to relocate?

We used Anglo Pacific and there is no way we would recommend them. Virtually all of our furniture arrived damaged and six months later we still have not had a full settlement. It looks likely that we will be suing them this coming week.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 6:58 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rich07
We used Anglo Pacific and there is no way we would recommend them. Virtually all of our furniture arrived damaged and six months later we still have not had a full settlement. It looks likely that we will be suing them this coming week.
Can't comment on Anglo Pacific's service as we didn't use them but, just to say, we did have a quote from them and they quoted about 2,000 pounds more that most other companies we had quotes from.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 8:52 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

we used PSS, very good and happily recommend, we moved to NS 2 years ago, sole use 20 ft container including insurance £3200
Old Apr 4th 2011, 3:12 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

I used me, myself and I..and i must say i did a fabulous job
Old Apr 4th 2011, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Robinsons and they were appalling.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 9:53 pm
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

We used Doree Bonner and they did an excellent job of packing our stuff and keeping us informed of the shipment however can't recommend them if you are moving to Nova Scotia as their unloaders are Halifax Transfer who were terrible and damaged lots of our stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.