Forum Regular

PR2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Would like to move to Canada

Originally Posted by happyhammers
Last October
Yeah think the rules have definitely changed
Old Apr 9th 2015, 7:16 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

TFW = Temporary Foreign Worker. This is all on the wiki, please ensure you read that thoroughly as it clearly describes all the various work permit routes.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Exactly those reasons. He seemed to think that because in his eyes he wasn't going to work the authorities would just let him in. I know he has some sort of disability allowance from an injury sustained when he was in the military police. He just had no idea of the rules, or thought they didn't apply to him.
Yeah it sounds more like ignorance (as in just not knowing) rather than entitlement, but maybe that's my ears.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

bigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PR2
Thanks for the advice guys, i won't be turning uo to Canada without obtaining a proper work permit! Might come for a visit see if I can speak to a few companies see how it goes. :-)
thats probably one of the best thing you can do in your current situation - contact the ideal companies and ask for an informal visit, or even take the contact out for lunch or coffee, get your name out there, also most importantly suss out if your qualifications are adequate if not what you need to do to upgrade. You never know, you could be one of the lucky ones that get an offer at the back of these meetings and by-pass the 'traditional' process

we werent so lucky in that sense, so we had to go the long way around

good luck
Old Apr 10th 2015, 8:05 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

I don't recall doing a language test either. The English O-Level I got for a song in Manor park must have done the trick.