Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Would like to move to Canada

Would like to move to Canada

Old Apr 9th 2015, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Ontheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would like to move to Canada

Originally Posted by JamesM
You don't think it's a bit premature doing it before the job offer?

Agree, you could have every scrap, police checks etc thats required...but without the job..you're a circle...pointless. Best way to get a job is candidly come here and pitch yourself to companies. If you get a negative result at least you know not to waste your time.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 10:16 am
Banned

Rio121 is an unknown quantity at this point

I say you just go for it and move there man. Figure out the rest later. You do the right thing by doing research first though mind, best not to go totally mental.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 11:49 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rio121
I say you just go for it and move there man. Figure out the rest later. You do the right thing by doing research first though mind, best not to go totally mental.
and on what visa do you suggest he does that?
Old Apr 9th 2015, 12:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
and on what visa do you suggest he does that?
Bit too technical a question for a spammer.....
Old Apr 9th 2015, 3:32 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rio121
We had a Workaway Woofer type stay with us for a week to do some yard work in turn for board and lodging. He told us a story of how he (a Canadian) flew all the way to the UK to join some Commune retreat thing as an intern to learn Yoga or something. He had $200 in his pocket and no return ticket. The Authorities gave him a ticket there and then and sent him straight back to Canada. He was incensed they wouldn't let him into the country.

"But I'm Canadian and part of the Commonwealth!". He was shocked he couldn't just rock up and get on with his plans!
Old Apr 9th 2015, 5:46 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
We had a Workaway Woofer type stay with us for a week to do some yard work in turn for board and lodging. He told us a story of how he (a Canadian) flew all the way to the UK to join some Commune retreat thing as an intern to learn Yoga or something. He had $200 in his pocket and no return ticket. The Authorities gave him a ticket there and then and sent him straight back to Canada. He was incensed they wouldn't let him into the country.

"But I'm Canadian and part of the Commonwealth!". He was shocked he couldn't just rock up and get on with his plans!
I have a term for it now.

An EWKer! It abbreviates to "Entitled White Kid".
Old Apr 9th 2015, 5:50 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I have a term for it now.

An EWKer! It abbreviates to "Entitled White Kid".
This one was an aluminum in the hat type. He was white and he did feel entitled as he'd dedicated himself to finding the meaning of life - presumably at the tax payer's expense.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

Why wouldn't our Government back in the UK let him in? It was just that he didn't seem to understand the rules - he needs funds and a return ticket otherwise, he has a right to seek the meaning of life.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 6:59 pm
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by dishwashing
Why wouldn't our Government back in the UK let him in? It was just that he didn't seem to understand the rules - he needs funds and a return ticket otherwise, he has a right to seek the meaning of life.
Exactly those reasons. He seemed to think that because in his eyes he wasn't going to work the authorities would just let him in. I know he has some sort of disability allowance from an injury sustained when he was in the military police. He just had no idea of the rules, or thought they didn't apply to him.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

happyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Everyone has to do the language test
Not exactly true, I didn't
Old Apr 9th 2015, 7:02 pm
PR2
Forum Regular

PR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice guys, i won't be turning uo to Canada without obtaining a proper work permit! Might come for a visit see if I can speak to a few companies see how it goes. :-)
Old Apr 9th 2015, 7:03 pm
PR2
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by happyhammers
Not exactly true, I didn't
When did you move? i think the rules have slightly changed abit now.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

happyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond reputehappyhammers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PR2
When did you move? i think the rules have slightly changed abit now.
Last October
Old Apr 9th 2015, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Last October
I'm also taking a different route to PR ,TFW Province nomination then PR
Old Apr 9th 2015, 7:15 pm
PR2
Forum Regular

I'm also taking a different route to PR ,TFW Province nomination then PR
Whats the TFW route if you don't mind me asking?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.