Would like to move to Canada

Would like to move to Canada

Old Apr 8th 2015, 1:33 am
PR2
Forum Regular

PR2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Would like to move to Canada

Hello Guys,

I would like some advice on how to move to Canada? can anyone point me in the right direction? would really appreciate the help and advice! I know how difficult it can be to move to another country!.

I am working and my line of work is Business Analyst. If anyone can offer any help would be most appreciative.

I have also done alot of research on the PNP, are these also a good way of looking at how to get into Canada?

Look forward to all replies.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 2:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would like to move to Canada

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...canada-853149/

You're welcome
Old Apr 8th 2015, 2:46 am
PR2
Forum Regular

Thank you.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 3:45 am
Just Joined

UPSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I just read your previous thread so I will be careful what I say as I can see things can go down hill quite quickly but some advice.

As a brit also living in NZ & working in IT who is moving to Canada. Here's what we did...

Around 2 years ago we (family and I )decided we would like to move to Canada!

We did our research made sure we upskilled in any relevant new areas and certifications.
Then we networked Every angle using EVERY ONE of our contacts.

We then went on a big road trip to North America meeting all our contacts and "just putting a face to the name " Ect

Eventually one of the contacts had a job and due to that meeting , recommendations from mutual colleagues and skills and experience relevant to their need they offered us a job. That was last year and the process is still on going.

Like in nz networking is important, as is your professional reputation.
So it's not very likely you will get a call from Canada by just sending an online CV to a job advertisement.

Best of luck, & NZ not a bad place to be.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 3:46 am
PR2
Forum Regular

Hi Thanks for the reply. I heard alot of people say the same thing, networking is important.

Did you have to do the language test when applying? just curious.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone has to do the language test
Old Apr 8th 2015, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

To sum up advice which I think you have been given before .............

you need a job offer

you need to apply for the correct type of entry permit

you will have to be prepared for it to take many months

you will have to take all the tests specified
Old Apr 8th 2015, 4:25 am
Just Joined

UPSY is an unknown quantity at this point

As scilly advised above no short cuts.
I don't think you need a language test for the (twp) for IT(but I could be wrong) .But if your doing an EE then you need it . Costs about $400 NZ and Massey do them. Also your credentials need to be assessed if it was obtained from a uni outside of Canada.

As an added bonus if you only have a kiwi licence it may not be recognized in the province you move to so a complete retake will be needed.

Last edited by UPSY; Apr 8th 2015 at 4:34 am.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 4:30 am
PR2
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

Really appreciate the advice thank you and from I remember I think I do need a language test, I know that unitec offer this test so will get it booked in.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 1:10 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Oh happy days...
Seemed like only yesterday...
Old Apr 9th 2015, 1:35 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PR2
Hi Guys,

Really appreciate the advice thank you and from I remember I think I do need a language test, I know that unitec offer this test so will get it booked in.
You don't think it's a bit premature doing it before the job offer?
Old Apr 9th 2015, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
You don't think it's a bit premature doing it before the job offer?
Yes, keep in mind that language tests are only valid for 2 years, so wait to take it just before you're about to apply.
PR2
Forum Regular

quite tricky obtaining a job offer 1st isn't it?
PR2
Forum Regular

Thanks for the thumbs up :-)
Old Apr 9th 2015, 1:53 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Gurraj! it's been so long!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.