Worried

Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to all
Arrow Worried

Worried how many negative things people say on this board about Canada is this all out weighed by the positive or should I be worried?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:28 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worried

Well there's good and bad wherever you live so it's all about doing your own research. It all depends what you are looking for and what you want out of life.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:42 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nibbles2005
Worried how many negative things people say on this board about Canada is this all out weighed by the positive or should I be worried?
It all depends on what you're looking for / why you want to emigrate.

For us Vancouver offers a lifestyle that the UK simply can't provide. However, I'd rather move back to the UK than live in Toronto. Not that there's anything wrong with Toronto, it just doesn't offer us anything the UK doesn't.

To make the right decision you'd ideally live there for a while, or next to that go visit & get a feel for the place... May seem like an extra expense, but a whole lot cheaper than moving your whole life, then having it backfire...
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:54 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob_999
For us Vancouver offers a lifestyle that the UK simply can't provide. However, I'd rather move back to the UK than live in Toronto. Not that there's anything wrong with Toronto, it just doesn't offer us anything the UK doesn't.
In our case I can enjoy early retirement and a decent standard of living in Atlantic Canada that would require far more resources and working again in other parts of Canada or the UK.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:02 am

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

This forum is a useful tool for getting basic info about specific things, such as the cost of things, employment situation, schools. etc. Anything else, take with a pinch of salt. If someone is having a hard go of it, such as not being able to find the job, they will put a negative spin on things.

You need to recognize your own reasons for heading to Canada and perhaps more importantly, leaving the UK. Also Canada is a vast country and it is very difficult to generalize.

I personally love Canada - I live in Vancouver and i would never imagine heading back to blighty. But that's my perspective. I am settled, having a great Career, and have a great circle of friends. Vancouver fits with my lifestyle - for someone else, perhaps not. I also lived in Regina, Sask for 6 months- hated it!

One thing that people greatly underestimate is being away from what is familiar - you miss silly things like Radio 1, the local, British tv and of course, friends/family. This often has little bearing on where you are.

Its all a matter of perspective "ONE MAN'S HELL, IS ANOTHER MAN'S PARADISE"
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of

It is what you decide to make it.

I totally agree about everyone trying to put their own spin on things too. I do it all the time, springing to Calgary's defence when people talk about crime etc.