Reload this Page >

working and living in alberta

Wikiposts

working and living in alberta

Old Feb 10th 2011, 10:24 am
Just Joined

westcountrysurfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default working and living in alberta

Hi, we have family in edmonton and we are visiting them in august for the 1st time for a 3 week tour
we are both interested in moving there, but ive heard issues about how hard it is to find work.
im a highly qualified youth worker and my wife is an experience teacher, im 43 and my wife is 39

we are not on the skills list so how difficult and how long would it take to find a job and apply for a visa? I understand we have to get a job offer to get a visa.

is it easier to move to Oz as looking into that aswell as a possible option

any help here
thanks
Old Feb 10th 2011, 12:38 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: working and living in alberta

Not much surfing in Alberta? More in Oz!

Read the wiki & www.cic.gc.ca for info on immigration routes and job hunting. No idea about youth working but you may find that your high qualifications mean little in Canada. (Not said in disrepect of you UK quals, rather in the knowledge that getting quals recognised in Canada can be a challenge in some professions.) Teaching, or getting a teaching job in a timeframe that allows for the mortgage payments still to be met, is also a struggle. Again there is a wiki article on this.

The OZ forum is thattaway ====> for your last question.